Green Card Approved!

Old Jun 2nd 2014, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Victorinox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Green Card Approved!

Came to the US on an H-1B visa in January 2012. Hasn’t been an easy road, but was able to get the EB-2 process going.

Just received notification that I have been approved today!
Labor certification got caught up in the govt shutdown in 2013, I-140 got an RFE and I-485 also got an RFE.

I was starting to get very tetchy, and got one of my Senators involved; they found out (27/05/14) I had been caught up in an extended security review (which can take years to clear up) and then went for an Infopass appointment on 30/05/14, where I was told my case had been assigned to an officer. I started wondering how long it would take.

I logged into the USCIS website to check, I assumed, that it was still showing my RFE response, but instead it showed I had been approved!!
I am more relieved than excited, and I thank God.

Although the senator cannot ask the USCIS to make a decision either way, I sometimes wonder if the thought that a relatively senior politician has taken an interest makes the USCIS buck-up.

Anyway, I had a time-sensitive issue depending on this approval (can’t go into detail) so I am pleasantly surprised at how quick it has been resolved. The horrible part is just being told to wait, with no end-date in sight.

This process has helped me develop an appreciation for the UK, although my situation needs me to be in the US for the moment!
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green Card Approved!

Originally Posted by Victorinox
Just received notification that I have been approved today!
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 1:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Congratulations!

Ian
Thank you!
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Well done - huge relief I am sure. We start on the GC road later this year...
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Orangepants
Well done - huge relief I am sure. We start on the GC road later this year...
Good luck! EB2 or EB3 ?
I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to go through the EB3 process!
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck! EB2 or EB3 ?
I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to go through the EB3 process!
Fortunately EB-1 (from O-1) - been a lot of work getting to the point of being able to fulfill the criteria - and I am sure much more to do for documentation purposes!
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orangepants
Fortunately EB-1 (from O-1) - been a lot of work getting to the point of being able to fulfill the criteria - and I am sure much more to do for documentation purposes!
EB-1 rocks - A, B or C. I am very gratefully married to a senior manager who had no RFEs in any of her petitions (L-1B or EB-1C) - so I guess a combination of a no issues job and also attorneys who got everything right the first time.

I have seen documentation requirements for EB-1A and EB-1B is extensive, but I'm guessing so was the requirements for the O-1 as well!
Old Jun 4th 2014, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Came to the US on an H-1B visa in January 2012. Hasn’t been an easy road, but was able to get the EB-2 process going.
Congrats...some of the folks have to wait 8 -10 years ...with that perspective I hope you enjoy the day even more!
Old Jun 4th 2014, 12:44 am
Banned

notshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to behold

exactly I dont think its feasible for a work permit entrant in the UK to get ILR status that quick!
Old Jun 4th 2014, 1:12 am
Just Joined

Because I thought it might have been caught up in an open-ended security review, after all the RFEs etc, I was quite frustrated towards the end.

When it was approved, it came as a complete surprise, being just 5 days after the Senator’s liaison found it was in an extended security review, with no timelines (it takes as long as it takes – up to 5 years – in the case of the unfortunate few).

So, I wasn’t elated, but instead, I was just relieved.

I was grateful for everything that had been done on my behalf because I didn’t spend a single cent during this process; my reaction, or lack thereof, was a bit surprising to the person from my employer who organized the process. I had to explain to her that even though it was completed in under 2 years, I was completed exhausted.