green card

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 7:20 pm
Robert Bates

Default green card

Help from anyone! I have read some of these postings that state " we received green
card three weeks after interview and passport stamped ". My wife received her
Permanent residence stamp in her passport last October 2001 but have heard nothing
from the Houston INS since. Is this normal for Houston or should we be worried? Who
should I contact?

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 8:20 pm
Shelley

Default Re: green card

Some folks are getting their plastic Green Card in only a few weeks or so, others
may wait up to a year. They should have told you at her interview how long it would
take to get the card. My husband was told 6 months at his interview, after 10 months
we contacted our congressperson and found out what was going on - he received his
plastic Green Card about 3 weeks later. You can either go to the Houston INS office
and inquire about the plastic card, or have your congressman do an inquiry. If it
gets to a year and she still has not received the card, you may want to go to
Houston for another I-551 stamp, especially if you plan to do any traveling. Take
Care. Shelley

"Robert Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Help from anyone! I have read some of these postings that state " we received green
    > card three weeks after interview and passport stamped ". My wife received her
    > Permanent residence stamp in her passport last October 2001 but have heard nothing
    > from the Houston INS since. Is this normal for Houston or should we be worried? Who
    > should I contact?