green card

Old Feb 28th 2013, 1:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: green card

Originally Posted by crissy33nicole
yeah ur definitely right rene, i think ill take ur advice. (he will!) i just wanted to try and send out the necessary files out asap. i have a hard time finding which address i send all this information to though. it says go to part 2, box c.. but i cant find it. sorry im quite useless when looking over this stuff!
For the whole AOS package, send it to the address indicated on the I-485.

If you're in a big hurry to send it out, you can send it without the I-765 and I-131. Those applications can be sent in later, with proof that an I-485 was filed, and there will still be no fee.

Rene
Old Feb 28th 2013, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

crissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nice

also the link on the wiki for the I-765 doesnt work, so i looked it up on the USCIS page and it now costs $380, so that isnt free anymore and the I-131 now costs $445 ...
Old Feb 28th 2013, 1:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No. when filling an AOS package, there is no fee for the EAD and AP. read all the instructions very carefully.

Rene
Old Mar 1st 2013, 2:08 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You appear to be conflating application for a SSN with application for an EAD.
alright thanks..ive been told (i think on this site) that it isnt worth applying for that because by the time it approves the green card is approved?? or something of that sort??
No. But, as the TV commercial says. "things come at you fast", and current plans can be 'out the window' without warning. Having a 'Plan B' can be a good idea, even if one never has to use it.
my next question is do we need to fill out the Employment Authorization and Advance Parole (I-765 and I-131) if he doesnt plan on traveling outside of the US or working until the green card is approved??
Regards, JEff
Old Mar 1st 2013, 3:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

..ive been told (i think on this site) that it isnt worth applying for that because by the time it approves the green card is approved?
I doubt anyone on this forum would have said anything so incredibly stupid, so I doubt you heard that here.

also the link on the wiki for the I-765 doesnt work, so i looked it up on the USCIS page and it now costs $380, so that isnt free anymore and the I-131 now costs $445 ...
As a stand-alone application, yes... you have to pay for it. When it's filed in conjunction with an I-485, there's no additional fee. In future, I suggest you actually read the form and the instructions (usually separate) before assuming and then going into a panic about it.

Ian
Old Mar 1st 2013, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

crissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nice

Thanks, but as u can see rene let me know already. I get it. Thanks for reply anyways.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Next question. I know I need to fill out a I-876. But as I don't make enough my friend is joint sponcer ing. My question is. Am I second or first sponcer in the joint sponcer, and do I put yes I'm sponcering the principle immigrant or do I put no? Since technically I'm not?

Thanks in advance!!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 5:48 am

Next question. I know I need to fill out a I-876.
You mean I-864.

But as I don't make enough my friend is joint sponcer ing. My question is. Am I second or first sponcer in the joint sponcer
You are neither first nor second in the joint sponsor. You are not a joint sponsor. You are the sponsor. Your friend is the joint sponsor.

.. and do I put yes I'm sponcering the principle immigrant or do I put no?
You ARE sponsoring the principal immigrant, so put yes.

Since technically I'm not?
Technically, you are, even though you don't meet the financial requirements.

As the USC spouse, you ARE the financial sponsor of the intending immigrant. Since you don't meet the financial requiremetns, you are using a joint sponsor.

The I-864 instructions cover all this. Did you read them yet?

Rene
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

I did read it but to be honest I don't understand any of it. It's people like me that should have gotten a lawyer. Thanks rene, I really appreciate all ur help!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:28 am

I did read it but to be honest I don't understand any of it. It's people like me that should have gotten a lawyer. Thanks rene, I really appreciate all ur help!
Your welcome. Since you haven't filed the AOS package yet, it's not too late to get a lawyer. You might want to at least have a consultation with one, and pay him to just go over the AOS package before you send it all in.

Rene
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

So I would check that 'I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative' ?? Even though he isn't my relative? Thanks again :/
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:05 am

So I would check that 'I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative' ?? Even though he isn't my relative? Thanks again :/
A spouse is a relative.

Rene
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Oh geez, that should have been obvious :/ thank u rene.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys, another question I found tricky is the I-765 form question 16 asks for a code for who may file. Will he be filing as a k1 visa or adjustment of status? (C)(9) is adjustmenf or (a)(6) for k1... I'm leaning towards c9 but just wanted to double check. Thanks!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:03 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You have to tell us, we can't tell you. He could be either, depending on when he submits the I-765.

I strongly suspect, however, that he will be filing the I-765 as an applicant for adjustment of status since your posts tend to indicate that he will submit the I-765 concurrent with the I-485 ...

Regards, JEff

Hi guys, another question I found tricky is the I-765 form question 16 asks for a code for who may file. Will he be filing as a k1 visa or adjustment of status? (C)(9) is adjustmenf or (a)(6) for k1... I'm leaning towards c9 but just wanted to double check. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.