green card

Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

crissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nice
Default green card

hi all, my fiance (now husband) and I are finally back in the USA. we just got married and are now ready to do the next few steps to make him a citizen. i had a guide last time but cant seem to find one, if there even is one.
i know he has to fill out the i-864 form and i-485. but thats all i know of at this moment.

im also having a friend fill out the support form because i dont make enough money. so would he check the 'i am the only joint sponcer'? im kinda confused by that step?

thanks so much in advance!!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: green card

The wiki up top will help.

You're going for a greencard, then after a few years will be eligible for US citizenship, in a very simplified gist of things.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll want to see this guide: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Adjust...-3_Spouse_Visa

You know that you, as the USC spouse, must still file an I-864, even if you don't qualify financially. The joint sponsor will choose "I am the only joint sponsor".

The AOS (from K-1) package consists of Forms I-485, I-131, I-765, G-325A, I-864, and I-693 (used to be called a vaccination supplement, it's the one the civil surgeon signs off on in the USA to verify he's had all his vaccinations done).

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crissy33nicole
...we just got married and are now ready to do the next few steps to make him a citizen.
... to make him a Permanent Resident. US Citizenship comes further down the road a few years.

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2013, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

crissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nicecrissy33nicole is just really nice

Thank u rene! And bob! Ill look into the wiki too!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

i didnt think he could apply for a social security number until he has his green card? am i wrong?
Old Feb 28th 2013, 7:54 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.

Regards, JEff

i didnt think he could apply for a social security number until he has his green card? am i wrong?
Old Feb 28th 2013, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

oh cuz that wiki form says to apply 15 days after youve come to america, or b4 75 days..so that confused me. sorry ull prolly have a lot of these 'silly' questions so please bare with me. thanks again!!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 8:06 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Correct. Is he still within that time period?
oh cuz that wiki form says to apply 15 days after youve come to america, or b4 75 days..so that confused me.
Thanks for the offer, I'd love to. I will bear with you as well.
... please bare with me.

Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Feb 28th 2013 at 8:08 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

yes he has been here less than 75 days..its exactly a month today actually. so should he apply for SS#? thanks!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 9:18 pm

Up to him.

Regards, JEff

so should he apply for SS#?
Old Feb 28th 2013, 9:23 pm

yes he has been here less than 75 days..its exactly a month today actually. so should he apply for SS#? thanks!
It would probably be beneficial for him to do so, yes.

Rene
Old Mar 1st 2013, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

alright thanks..ive been told (i think on this site) that it isnt worth applying for that because by the time it approves the green card is approved?? or something of that sort??

my next question is do we need to fill out the Employment Authorization and Advance Parole (I-765 and I-131) if he doesnt plan on traveling outside of the US or working until the green card is approved??

thank guys!!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 1:24 am

alright thanks..ive been told (i think on this site) that it isnt worth applying for that because by the time it approves the green card is approved?? or something of that sort??
That is incorrect. The SSN is definitely worth applying for, if only because it's needed for so many things here in the USA (work, drivers license, banking, etc). It should only take about 2 weeks to get the SS card in the mail after applying in person at the local SSA office. Of course having a SSN is optional, he doesn't HAVE to do it, but it's free and beneficial, so why not.

my next question is do we need to fill out the Employment Authorization and Advance Parole (I-765 and I-131) if he doesnt plan on traveling outside of the US or working until the green card is approved??
No, he doesn't HAVE to get an EAD or AP, those are optional benefits. But they are free, so why not get them? Who knows, he might change his mind and want to work? Who knows, there might be some emergency back home he needs to attend to?

Rene
Old Mar 1st 2013, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

yeah ur definitely right rene, i think ill take ur advice. (he will!) i just wanted to try and send out the necessary files out asap. i have a hard time finding which address i send all this information to though. it says go to part 2, box c.. but i cant find it. sorry im quite useless when looking over this stuff!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.