GI's Documentary footage

Old Apr 28th 2006, 3:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default GI's Documentary footage

GIs Shoot Footage for New War Doc

"The best war journalism puts its audience in close proximity to combat. It's hard to imagine getting closer than The War Tapes does.

Shot by soldiers on consumer-grade digital video cameras, the documentary offers an immersive, sobering and often shocking slice of life (and death) in Iraq. It premieres this week at the Tribeca Film Festival and opens in select cities this summer...

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,...l?tw=rss.index

Check the link for links to other sites, worth doing...kinda interesting...

So what kind of documentaries have you lot seen out here recently that you've liked? anything decent worth checking out? I only ask because I don't tend to watch all that much tele, well apart from the shows, don't bother to flicker through so tend to miss out on anything possible half interesting that I probably wouldn't have back in blighty with the 5 channels *l*
Old Apr 28th 2006, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GI's Documentary footage

Originally Posted by Bob
GIs Shoot Footage for New War Doc

"The best war journalism puts its audience in close proximity to combat. It's hard to imagine getting closer than The War Tapes does.

Shot by soldiers on consumer-grade digital video cameras, the documentary offers an immersive, sobering and often shocking slice of life (and death) in Iraq. It premieres this week at the Tribeca Film Festival and opens in select cities this summer...

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,...l?tw=rss.index

Check the link for links to other sites, worth doing...kinda interesting...

So what kind of documentaries have you lot seen out here recently that you've liked? anything decent worth checking out? I only ask because I don't tend to watch all that much tele, well apart from the shows, don't bother to flicker through so tend to miss out on anything possible half interesting that I probably wouldn't have back in blighty with the 5 channels *l*
I watch the documentaries on HBO on demand, but even so they dont change them enough, not much at all on main stream TV is there
Old Apr 28th 2006, 4:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I watch the documentaries on HBO on demand, but even so they dont change them enough, not much at all on main stream TV is there
don't have HBO anymore, so getting out of touch with anything that could be interesting...plenty on pbs and the likes, but they tend not to have much of a billing, so without randomly flickering, do tend to miss anything that might be worth a watch...hmmm...
Old Apr 28th 2006, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
don't have HBO anymore, so getting out of touch with anything that could be interesting...plenty on pbs and the likes, but they tend not to have much of a billing, so without randomly flickering, do tend to miss anything that might be worth a watch...hmmm...
So thats why you watch so many film's, your our resident movie critic
Old Apr 28th 2006, 5:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by britvic
So thats why you watch so many film's, your our resident movie critic
don't know about movie critic, but I do have a large horde that I just borrowed off a mate yesterday