getting packet 3

Old Apr 10th 2001, 6:56 pm
Gabby the new K-1 Gi

Hey guys and gals,

Its Gabby the K-1 girl again. I havent been around for awhile cause I visited my
fiance in England and other than that, I have been having tons of restless, sleepless
nights stressing about everything.

Anyways, I have a question that I cant seem to find the answer for in the FAQ:

My fiancee recently called the UK Embassy to get packet three sent to him. (We have
the first NOA and are awaiting approval - but we thought we would get started on the
other stuff).

The Embassy operators (he called three times to check this info) said that the
Embassy does not send out packet 3 forms via phone requests, and that he has to
_write_ to the Embassy in order to get the forms. Then they gave him an address to
write to that began with INS - which further confused him because although the
address given was a London address, it was NOT the address of the Embassy.

Can anyone clear this up for us?

Thanks, and to all those waiting for approval, I hope you are doing better
than I am. ;-D

~Gabby K1girl - USC K1boy- UK

I-129F sent to TSC Jan 16, 2001 1st NOA recieved Jan 24, 2001

Old Apr 10th 2001, 7:32 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future

Don't know about the address- my fiance *did* have to write a letter to get packet 3 ahead of time. Have him send one to the address they gave him, and one to the embassy (cc) just in case.
Good luck!
How'd the visit go?
Beth
Old Apr 10th 2001, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I had no problem getting London Embassy to send Packet #3 to my fiance, (we are still awaiting approval out of CSC)when I was over in the UK last month (March).
I simply called that "other" phone number, and Packet #3 arrived while I was still there.
By the way, if there is a new form with the attached paying-in slip, it most certainly was not with the Packet 3.
The phone number is listed in another thread.
Old Apr 10th 2001, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

misskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Gabby the new K-1 Gi
The Embassy operators (he called three times to check this info) said that the Embassy does not send out packet 3 forms via phone requests, and that he has to _write_ to the Embassy in order to get the forms. Then they gave him an address to write to that began with INS - which further confused him because although the address given was a London address, it was NOT the address of the Embassy.

Can anyone clear this up for us?
hi gabby,

i don't know about phoning...previous experience with the london us embassy on my f-1 visa only put me onto the premium rate recorded info line - $2 a minute for an annoying voice, interminable waiting and inevitable frustration on my part. so i chose to write, and they're actually pretty prompt to respond, especially if you include an sae. be warned though, some days are better than others - when i initially requested packet 3, i was sent an i-129f, and when recently requesting one of the new of-156s with attached counterfoil, i was sent a whole new packet 3, less the requested form. go figure.

regarding the address, is it possible that they gave your fiance the po box address? this is the one that i've always used:

american embassy (ins - k1 visa enquiries)
po box 2444
london w1v 5wt (i think this is the correct zip)

sure it's not the exact physical street location of the embassy, but this is where all the visa mail gets processed - my packet 3 was signed for at noon today.

hope this helps - hang in there girl!

kate
Old Apr 10th 2001, 11:18 pm
Hilary Whalen

Off on another tangent, I faxed the US consulate in Vancouver (where I will be
going). They responded today. I received some very helpful info. Once my fiancee
receives the approval he can fax it to Vancouver with certain pertinent info and they
will open a provisional file for us to get the ball rolling. Second, they said that
it would take about 2-3 weeks for an interview once I returned the checklist. And
thirdly, I have two K2's..... I asked if they were needed at the interview..... (ages
10 and 12) the repsonse was NO. I was very pleased with the response and the time it
took to get a response back...... 2 working days!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all using TSC.....

Our timeline thus far: Sent Jan 17, 2001 NOA Jan 26, 2001 (30-40 days!!!!!!) 75 days
and still waiting...... and waiting...... and waiting.......

Gabby the new K-1 Girl wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >