Getting my 3rd RFE this week!

Old Oct 14th 2010, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light
Default Getting my 3rd RFE this week!

got one for my travel documents just for 2 photos.....1 for bank stuff for my sponsor......I guess I'll find out when I get it in the post.....anyone any ideas?

oh yeah I also got a 2nd letter for bio-metrics and just sent it back with a copy of my receipt...that's what USCIS told me to do over the phone.....maybe it's something to do with that.....
Old Oct 14th 2010, 11:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting my 3rd RFE this week!

Originally Posted by Ja5on
got one for my travel documents just for 2 photos.....1 for bank stuff for my sponsor......I guess I'll find out when I get it in the post.....anyone any ideas?
There's no way of knowing ahead of time, unfortunately.

oh yeah I also got a 2nd letter for bio-metrics and just sent it back with a copy of my receipt...that's what USCIS told me to do over the phone.....maybe it's something to do with that.....
Was the 2nd letter for biometrics an EXACT copy of the 1st one? Did you carefully compare the two? Reason I ask, is that you SHOULD be doing 2 biometrics - one for the I-765 and one for the I-485. They might come as two separate appointments, but you can usually get them done the same day by bringing in both appointment letters. Let's hope it was just a duplicate for some reason, and not a request to get the 2nd biometrics done. Hopefully you kept a photocopy of it before sending it back to USCIS.

Rene
Old Oct 15th 2010, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Was the 2nd letter for biometrics an EXACT copy of the 1st one? Did you carefully compare the two? Reason I ask, is that you SHOULD be doing 2 biometrics - one for the I-765 and one for the I-485. They might come as two separate appointments, but you can usually get them done the same day by bringing in both appointment letters. Let's hope it was just a duplicate for some reason, and not a request to get the 2nd biometrics done. Hopefully you kept a photocopy of it before sending it back to USCIS.

Rene
I did make a copy of it, I sent it directly to the office where they did my prints....I called them and that was what they had said that I should do....I didn't think I would have to drive the 7hour round trip for fingerprints twice! guess I'll find out when I get the letter.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

oh and it wasn't an exact copy, it was on a different date....but both of the letters had barcodes with both my MSC numbers, one for the EAD and one for the AOS.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

7 hour drive, flippin heck, where did you have to go? Is there more than one place in Va do you know?
Old Oct 15th 2010, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MandyNi
7 hour drive, flippin heck, where did you have to go? Is there more than one place in Va do you know?
I had to go to West Virginia, it was 7 hours there and back...

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...ffice_type=ASC

put your zip into that and it'll tell you the closest place.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 2:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

oh and it wasn't an exact copy, it was on a different date....but both of the letters had barcodes with both my MSC numbers, one for the EAD and one for the AOS.
If one biometrics appointment letter was for EAD, and one was for AOS, then you needed both letters to go get your biometrics done for both of them.

Have you done the first set yet? If not, take the original and the photocopy and try to get them both done at the same time.

If you've already done the first set, I hate to say it, but you're going to have to get them done again for the other application, whether by using the photocopy you made, or asking for another appointment and original letter.

Rene
Old Oct 15th 2010, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If one biometrics appointment letter was for EAD, and one was for AOS, then you needed both letters to go get your biometrics done for both of them.

Have you done the first set yet? If not, take the original and the photocopy and try to get them both done at the same time.

If you've already done the first set, I hate to say it, but you're going to have to get them done again for the other application, whether by using the photocopy you made, or asking for another appointment and original letter.

Rene
both letters had EAD and AOS barcodes on them.....so the first one said it was for both and the 2nd one said it was for both.....seemed to me like i'd be given 2 because my EAD stuff and AOS stuff wer just at different offices. I'm hoping it's just more photos. I've got my EAD and got a job anyway so at least the sitting home doing nothing is over!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

turns out they want more info about my "arrest" since i checked the box that says I've been in trouble with the law....it was nothing serious and was when I was 16 so I'm not worried about it.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 3:05 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

turns out they want more info about my "arrest" since i checked the box that says I've been in trouble with the law....it was nothing serious and was when I was 16 so I'm not worried about it.
but you did get more than one copy of the police certificate for submission right? Ideally you should have gotten an extra 3, (AOS, I-751, N-400) because seemingly USCIS requires one for each submission. If they have sent you an RFE for this - I can only assume they want the specific documentation as detailed in the form submission.

If you haven't got another certified copy, but you kept a xerox copy for your own files you could maybe try and send them that with a cover letter apologizing and explaining that the certified copy was submitted with your K-1 ( it was a K1 wasn't it?) and you were not aware you would require another certified copy as you assumed it would be in your file. Further inform them that you will be contacting the relevant UK authorities to obtain another certified copy for their records, should the information you have submitted not suffice. That's how I would handle it anyways

Last edited by Songbird; Oct 20th 2010 at 3:08 am.