Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Frankfurt Interview Experience - LONG

Frankfurt Interview Experience - LONG

Old Apr 10th 2001, 10:40 pm
Jitters

Hey guys...Sascha's interview was Friday April 6th as before mentioned, and he got
the visa today in the mail. He has a plane ticket and is due to arrive in Miami on
April 21st...wheeeee....things are going very fast now. All he has to do is sell off
the last bits of stuff he owns and he's coming home. Below is his interview
experience. Frankfurt appears to be a very easy consulate to work with. They are very
lienient it seems.

Frankfurt, Germany interview experience:

Due to traffic he was almost a full hour late at the consulate. No one cared. He had
to give his name at the door to check in, & then they frisked him for weapons inside.
He sat down with a number and waited to be called. (this first window spoke
German)When called to the first window, he gave his bank letter stating he paid the
visa fee & they asked for the OF 230, but he said he mailed it. They said they had no
paper, so this was done at the next window. He had to sit down and wait to be called
again. This was an almost hour wait. (2nd window spoke German also) The next lady
looked over all his visa paperwork, had him sign some more things, helped him fill
out the new OF 230 & she chatted with him asking him about us meeting online. She was
also friendly She told him this was very common there at the consulate these days
with the internet relationships. Sascha was told to sit down again and wait. Then the
interview calling time. At the interview window, there was a very stern, unfriendly
woman who spoke only English and asked only one question for the interview given to
Sascha. She asked him "Why to do you want to marry her?". Easy enough answer..heheh
He told her the obvious truth: "I am in love with her. She is my soulmate, and I
want her back quickly". Sascha said they didn't care for ANYTHING I had...no proof of
relationship, evidence of meeting, no tax papers, no bank statements, no pay stubs.
Sascha had only his first set of Hepatitus B shots, but all medical papers were
accepted prior to the interview, and the lady ignored his X-ray at the interview. All
they kept out of all that stuff was: I 134, militäry records, police papers, my
employer letter, my bank letter (both 2 months old), Sascha's birth certificate & his
passport. He had a huge folder (more like a book) of evidence to lug in there but
none was needed. The waiting time was more than one hour, but the actual interview
itself lasted about 5 minutes. The interview lady was the one laying down the law.
She told him all the rules about the visa, and when it should arrive in the mail. The
visa arrived today, which was exactly 2 working days (4 actual). Everything was cool,
but scary for him at the last minute.