Folinskyinla means it

Old Jul 20th 2003, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Folinskyinla means it

Hi:

Posted just two days ago -- and today I get not ONE but TWO inquiries. I don't mind some pleasant OT conversation, but I will NOT, repeat NOT, reply to private inquiries.

PRIOR POSTING:

Every so often, I recieve a private inquiry via BritishExpats. I just received one. As a friendly reminder, I do NOT respond to private inquiries other than to say I am not responding.

Also, I have a firm policy of not accepting any business from the News Group. Business is not the reason I participate.

Good luck to you all.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 6:38 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Folinskyinla means it

Sorry there..

I did NOT read that you dont reply private messages, I have been in this forum for 4 days..
Sorry..

Maria.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

timesup is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't want private messages, you could always turn them off. Go to "My Forum" tab above, then click the "Edit Options" link, choose the "no" option next to "Enable Private Messaging?" and then click the "submit modifications" button at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps
Annie
Old Jul 20th 2003, 7:19 pm
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

Originally posted by Folinskyinla Posted just two days ago -- and today I get not ONE but TWO inquiries. I don't mind some pleasant OT conversation, but I will NOT, repeat NOT, reply to private inquiries.
Might I suggest you add this information to your signature so that you don't have to repeat yourself? It would probably do the trick and prevent unwanted PMs.

There are constantly new members who are most likely not aware of your personal policy. Also, there is enough activity at this forum that posts get pushed off the first page rather quickly and can be over looked.

Just a friendly suggestion.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 11:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by thing1
Might I suggest you add this information to your signature so that you don't have to repeat yourself? It would probably do the trick and prevent unwanted PMs.

There are constantly new members who are most likely not aware of your personal policy. Also, there is enough activity at this forum that posts get pushed off the first page rather quickly and can be over looked.

FWIW, your british expats signature does not show on the USENET. Mr. Folinsky should just disengage his PM resource and let it go at that.

Rete
Old Jul 21st 2003, 12:01 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rete
FWIW, your british expats signature does not show on the USENET. Mr. Folinsky should just disengage his PM resource and let it go at that.

Rete
Very true Rete

Problem solved. At least then if people wanted to contact him they'd have to do it through is office or via email.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 12:01 am
Account Closed

imkimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by thing1

FWIW, you could also put something on your profile page, for those who didn't catch it in the signature line.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Rete
Hi Rete:

I use the PM for OT topics as I mentioned. For various reasons I will not respond to private message -- one for my sanity and two for my professional liablity. I don't want to seem rude. BTW, I've done the same thing on private ATTORNEY boards.

I feel that my answers are also for those lurkers out there.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

makkabokka is an unknown quantity at this point

yes sir ,
but now that i came to know u are a lawyer in los angeles i would really like to contact u for thats the place i would be coming to and as iam a lawyer here i want to continue my studies there maybe u can help me with that too.
so ... i hope u will help me
Thanks
bye for now
Old Jul 21st 2003, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Is ther e room in LA for another lawyer ?

Jovially Yours
Old Jul 21st 2003, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

How about as an assistant to a lawyer ?
Old Jul 21st 2003, 3:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by makkabokka
How about as an assistant to a lawyer ?
There is always a need for paralegals. That is what assistants to attorneys are professionally called here in NYC.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
but anyways its a very long road. Its second week our case have been put for Administrative processing.
But knowledge dosent hurt
Old Jul 21st 2003, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

SanBernardino is an unknown quantity at this point

FWIW, your british expats signature does not show on the USENET.
But there is another optional signature which is used on usenet posts. It is also set on the Edit Profile page. Setting one of these up each for usenet and for BritishExpats would eliminate the need for these reminder threads.

I also thought the suggestion about including this in the profile would be a good one. Since his profile mentions he is a lawyer, naturally some people will want to contact him upon seeing that. So it is another good place to remind people of his policy.

A final option is to set up an email addres specificially for this group which would be configured send an autoreply saying he will only follow up personally to mails which are not private legal enquirries. Just another possibility.