First entry to the US on an I551

Old Feb 3rd 2020, 11:15 am
Just Joined

brian3kb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First entry to the US on an I551

Myself and the family will be coming over for the first time since getting our visas approved, we have I-551 stickers in our passports and have a large white envelope each, and I have paid our immigrant fees and printed off copies of the receipts; in terms of paperwork, do I need to bring anything else with us? Or is everything that's needed for CBP already in those envelopes?

Many thanks!

Old Feb 3rd 2020, 12:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First entry to the US on an I551

All you need is the packet, yourself, and your passport, and be sure to have the packet in your carry-on.

Allow a couple of hours for processing through secondary when you arrive, so if you're catching a connecting flight, allow at least three hours. That said, you could be in and out in 20 minutes, as I was, but you can never know ahead of time.
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

That's Great! I thought that'd be all we need, thank you for confirming
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 2:45 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian3kb
That's Great! I thought that'd be all we need, thank you for confirming. ....
You're welcome.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Quick update: We came into LAX and all that was needed was our passports and the visa packets as above. Process was super quick, had to wait for an additional 10 minutes for a CBP officer to come and open the packets, do something on the computer, stamp and sign out passports then hand them to us and welcome us to the USA. All in all, under an hour from getting off the plane to bag claim. Felt pretty uneventful to be honest!
We arrived back in the UK 9 days later (to get the packing done and finish up the house sale), and work have already received our SSN cards at the office