Fingerprints clearance and AOS

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 4:10 pm
Milan Stevanovi

Default Fingerprints clearance and AOS

Hi group,

I posted yesterday about our AOS interview in San Francisco. My fp results were not
returned therefore my case wasn't approved. Today I called the FBI Liaison Office,
and they told me they completed the check and sent the results back to the INS the
next day after fingerprinting. Where is the delay then? If the INS has one database
that can be accessed from any location, and the results travel electronically, who is
lying? Please, if any of you has encountered the similar problem, let me know. Also,
what is the reasonable time I should wait for the approval letter before going to the
INS and asking about my case?

Thank you

Milena

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 4:40 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: Fingerprints clearance and AOS

Nobody's lying. It always takes a while for the INS to get the results into your file
even if they've been transmitted electronically. I would leave it about a month
before going into enquire.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "Milan Stevanovic"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi group,
    >
    > I posted yesterday about our AOS interview in San Francisco. My fp results were not
    > returned therefore my case wasn't approved. Today I called the
FBI
    > Liaison Office, and they told me they completed the check and sent the results back
    > to the INS the next day after fingerprinting. Where is the delay then? If the INS
    > has one database that can be accessed from any location, and the results travel
    > electronically, who is lying? Please, if any of you has encountered the similar
    > problem, let me know. Also, what is the reasonable time I should wait for the
    > approval letter before going to the INS and asking about my case?
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Milena

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice

Hi Guys-

Do you think it takes about a month to get the information into file everywhere, or just San Fran? I did my Fingerprinting today and my interview is next wednesday. Is there a chance that they will have my info on file by then. I am going to Boston for the interview. I have heard people tell me that the INS officer is able to look at the results right online. Is this not the case?

Thanks
-- Gaude
Old Apr 24th 2002, 12:10 pm
Andy Platt

You can't tell with any office though Boston is pretty efficient.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "gaude"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Guys-
    >
    > Do you think it takes about a month to get the information into file everywhere, or
    > just San Fran? I did my Fingerprinting today and my interview is next wednesday. Is
    > there a chance that they will have my info on file by then. I am going to Boston
    > for the interview. I have heard people tell me that the INS officer is able to look
    > at the results right online. Is this not the case?
    >
    > Thanks -- Gaude
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 1st 2002, 6:40 pm
Rcs

I got fingerprinted a week ago in San Fran. I havent heard anything back from INS as
yet. Any ideas when I should? or who shld I follow up with?

The sad part is that although I have informed INS atleast 3 times of my change of
address during the fingerprinting they still hadnt updated my address. Luckily, the
new occupants of my old house will not throw my mail and my mail is being fwd,
however it seems that the letters from INS are prohibited to the fwd-d.

Any ideas on how I can check with INS on my change of add. w/o standing in line
for 3 hrs?

-RS

"Andy Platt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > You can't tell with any office though Boston is pretty efficient.
    >
    > Andy.
    >
    > --
    > I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "gaude"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi Guys-
    > >
    > > Do you think it takes about a month to get the information into file everywhere,
    > > or just San Fran? I did my Fingerprinting today and my interview is next
    > > wednesday. Is there a chance that they will have my info on file by then. I am
    > > going to Boston for the interview. I have heard people tell me that the INS
    > > officer is able to look at the results right online. Is this not the case?
    > >
    > > Thanks -- Gaude
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com