fingerprinting

Old Nov 16th 2001, 10:32 pm
Toni B

When, exactly is this done? In the process of bringing a spouse into the country on a
marriage visa, is it done in the foreign country, is it done here when they arrive?

Thanks

Old Nov 19th 2001, 11:31 am
Andy Platt

For an immigrant visa they will fingerprint you at the airport on arrival. They may
do it at the consulate depending on which consulate you are using.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
here
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 19th 2001, 12:58 pm
Toni B

>

>
    >

Thanks Andy, I've been in contact with one person who is using the same Consulate in
Guatemala. He said his wife was fingerprinted at the interview and it will take about
6 months. I would think something that's going to lengthen this process even longer
would have been mention somewhere along the line and my lawyer never mentioned this
to me and I've heard no complaints from anyone about this part of the process. On the
other hand, this guy's lawyer told him to bring the waiver application to the
interview and that they would be processed right there. Of course, *that* was wrong
because the waiver had to be sent out anyway and he has another long wait. His wife
needs approval of 601 waiver because she tried to enter illegally and was deported.
My husband need 212 waiver. I don't know if that makes any difference. I HOPE we
don't have to wait yet another lifetime for fingerprints.

Old Nov 19th 2001, 2:38 pm
Andy Platt

When somebody has been refused entry or deported from the US, the consulate needs to
get the information about that and they will take fingerprints for that purpose.
Whether somebody needs a waiver because of this depends on the situation - somebody
who was not allowed into the US because they felt that they had immigrant intent but
did not commit fraud would not need a waiver.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

[usenetquote2]> >From: "Andy Platt" [email protected][/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> >For an immigrant visa they will fingerprint you at the airport on[/usenetquote2]
arrival.
[usenetquote2]> >They may do it at the consulate depending on which consulate you are[/usenetquote2]
using.
    >
    >
    >
interview
    >
    >
the
    >
from
    >
lawyer
    >
would
    >
had
    >
approval of
    >
husband
    >
don't
    >

Old Nov 21st 2001, 10:42 am
Jade Duboir

You can put your fingerprints all over me...

Old Nov 21st 2001, 11:38 am
Alvena Ferreira

Jade Duboir wrote:
    >
    >

Why don't you crawl back under your rock? alvena