Filing I-130 & AOS

Old Dec 23rd 2013, 11:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing I-130 & AOS

Further discussion of the off-topic quoting netiquette moved to The Trailer Park, here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=819256

Please keep this tread on-topic.

Thank you,
Rene
Old Feb 7th 2014, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

The I-130 I file, for the address of my parent:

1)If I file just the I-130 and go the immigrant visa path, obviously the address I give for my parent will be the one in his home country. Right?

2)If I file I-130 and AOS concurrently, which address do I give for my parent? The address he is at in the USA? (which would be my address)
Old Feb 7th 2014, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmood
1)If I file just the I-130 and go the immigrant visa path, obviously the address I give for my parent will be the one in his home country. Right?
Correct.

2)If I file I-130 and AOS concurrently, which address do I give for my parent? The address he is at in the USA? (which would be my address)
Correct.

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2014, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

I can't see a reference to the I-864, affidavit of support, anywhere. Neither on the instructions sheet of the I-130 or the USCIS webpage for applying for GR for family.

Is I-864 not needed?
Old Feb 8th 2014, 4:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmood
Thanks.

I can't see a reference to the I-864, affidavit of support, anywhere. Neither on the instructions sheet of the I-130 or the USCIS webpage for applying for GR for family.

Is I-864 not needed?
The I-864 IS required. It's not mentioned in the I-130 instructions because it's not due at the time of filing the I-130.

If going through the Immigrant Visa process, the I-864 will be required at the NVC stage (after the I-130 is approved). NVC will notify you when it's due.

If going through AOS, the I-864 is included in the AOS package. I believe the I-864 is mentioned in the I-485 instructions.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Feb 8th 2014 at 4:43 am.