Filing in Boston

Old Jul 7th 2001, 10:08 pm
claire keller

I understand that filing for AOS and EAD in Boston is easy as pie. Is this still
true? My fiancé and I are marrying soon (not via K1) and going to file in Boston.
Anyone who has recently filed in Boston or married without K1 please email me at
[email protected]

Another thing is this...any Aussie/US marriages on this newsgroup? We are looking to
find people in similar situation to share highs and lows with while on this INS
journey in Boston. Thanks all !!

Old Jul 8th 2001, 3:07 pm
Ed MacNeil

Hi,

THIS SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE. I AM NOT A LAWYER. I DON'T EVEN PLAY
ONE ON TV!

If you file a joint I-130/I-485 in Boston along with I-765 you will normally receive
your EAD on a while-you-wait basis.

Ed MacNeil Ancient Aviator North Hampton, NH, USA

claire keller wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 8th 2001, 4:09 pm
AK

You will also receive your AOS the same day.

Also, there are LOTS of Aussie/US couples who I am sure would be glad to
share with you.

Gina

>
    >
    >
DON'T
    >
    >
    >
normally
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I understand that filing for AOS and EAD in Boston is easy as pie. Is[/usenetquote2]
this
[usenetquote2]> > still true? My fiancé and I are marrying soon (not via K1) and going to file in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Boston. Anyone who has recently filed in Boston or married[/usenetquote2]
without
[usenetquote2]> > K1 please email me at [email protected][/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Another thing is this...any Aussie/US marriages on this newsgroup? We[/usenetquote2]
are
[usenetquote2]> > looking to find people in similar situation to share highs and lows with while on[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > this INS journey in Boston. Thanks all !![/usenetquote2]

Old Jul 8th 2001, 4:39 pm
Claire Keller

If you know any Aussie/US couples that have gone through Boston could you please let
me know? Not only would it be helpful to hear their stories, but I am sure Simon is
homesick and would love to chat with someone from AU. Thanks !

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > THIS SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE. I AM NOT A LAWYER. I[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > EVEN PLAY ONE ON TV![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > If you file a joint I-130/I-485 in Boston along with I-765 you will[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > receive your EAD on a while-you-wait basis.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Ed MacNeil Ancient Aviator North Hampton, NH, USA[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > claire keller wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I understand that filing for AOS and EAD in Boston is easy as pie. Is[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > still true? My fiancé and I are marrying soon (not via K1) and going[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> > > file in Boston. Anyone who has recently filed in Boston or married[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > K1 please email me at [email protected][/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Another thing is this...any Aussie/US marriages on this newsgroup? We[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > looking to find people in similar situation to share highs and lows[/usenetquote2]
with
[usenetquote2]> > > while on this INS journey in Boston. Thanks all !![/usenetquote2]

Old Jul 8th 2001, 4:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You will NOT receive your AOS interview the same day as you apply in Boston, MA. You will receive your EAD the same day, be given a letter for the FBI/CIA fingerprinting and will be given an appointment for your AOS interview within five to six months from the date you applied.

Suggest you visit:
http://www.kamya.com/aos/massachusetts.html#boston

to read about various actual experiences with applying for AOS in Boston. Note that there is no difference if you are applying for AOS from a visitor's visa, VWP, or a K-1. The only physical difference from a K-1 is the need for a medical (must be done before you apply for AOS) and the inclusion of form I-130.

Rita
(whose friends I-130/I-485'ed at Boston in January 2000 and walked away with a green card in June 2000)