File Transfer Mysteries Question

Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about
Default File Transfer Mysteries Question

As those who have read some of my previous posts know, I've involved our Congressman to try to get an interview date for my husband's AOS, which is now 29 months after filing of the I-485 (Aug 2003). I talked to the Congressman's aide Friday and he was annoyed that he keeps getting different answers from USCIS. Intially, NBC/MSC at Lee's Summit told him that the file had been sent to NY to schedule interview. He checked with NY and they said they don't have the file. He then emailed NBC/MSC and told them this, and they sent back a reply that they were holding the file pending NY scheduling an interview. I thought this probably meant that they were waiting for NY to tell them interview slots became available, but was not sure. Well our Congressman's aide wrote a letter to NY detailing how old our case was and asking when an interview might be scheduled, to try to push it along. He got a reply saying that NBC/MSC does all of the interview scheduling, not them. He is writing to NBC/MSC again, but now I am confused. Does anyone know for sure who schedules the interviews? Was I right on thinking (as I originally did after their first reply to the Congressman) that NBC schedules it when NY tells them slots are available, and if so, why would it take so long for a slot to be available and our case to be scheduled?