FBI CHECKS...

Old Apr 30th 2004, 11:28 am
Slicknurse

Default FBI CHECKS...

can anyone tell me when the fbi checks are done when yur signifcate
other is in another country.im sure its done when he or she goes to
the interview then yu can pick up the visa am i right?

Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FBI CHECKS...

Originally posted by Slicknurse
can anyone tell me when the fbi checks are done when yur signifcate
other is in another country.im sure its done when he or she goes to
the interview then yu can pick up the visa am i right?

It is done by the US Consulate at the time they receive either the package from the NVC and/or the checklist back from your fiancee. They normally do not wait until the interview to start the FBI and IBIS name searches. If there is a hit that cannot be cleared up then I've seen that the US Consulate will take fingerprints and then run another search.

Rete
Old May 3rd 2004, 2:23 am
Just Joined

SteveMiddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FBI CHECKS...

Hi. I have just sent back to NVC the i-184 etc whilst awaiting approval for the Green card. I,m in the UK.
What is the IBIS check and the FBI check?
I already have just applied for my Police certificates and Birth certificates etc but is there anything else i can do for these checks that will speed the process along?