F1 visa - the options?

Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

nydreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default F1 visa - the options?

Hi.

I already have a BA degree from a British University and am now considering studying in the USA ( I was unsuccessful in this year's H1B lottery). As a graduate, is my only option to study for an MBA?

I have looked into this and it seems like a very difficult and long-winded path and I'm not sure I'm clever enough to get a good enough score in the entry exams such as the GMAT.

Are there any other study options, such as a 2nd degree? I couldn't find much information on the net.

Many thanks.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of
Default Re: F1 visa - the options?

Originally Posted by nydreamer
Hi.

I already have a BA degree from a British University and am now considering studying in the USA ( I was unsuccessful in this year's H1B lottery). As a graduate, is my only option to study for an MBA?
There are many graduate programs in the United States, you are not limited to an MBA. Check out a few university websites and see what is on offer.

I have looked into this and it seems like a very difficult and long-winded path and I'm not sure I'm clever enough to get a good enough score in the entry exams such as the GMAT.
There isn't another option if you wish to pursue an MBA. The GMAT is the standard entrance exam for this program regardless of your residence.

Are there any other study options, such as a 2nd degree? I couldn't find much information on the net.
There are no restrictions on you studying for a 2nd Bachelor's Degree in the states, although I believe most universities frown upon studying for one in the same discipline as your first.

Beyond that, I am not quite sure what information you are hoping to gain. You already know what degree programs are available and you know what the entrance requirements are. There is nothing much to do except to, decide on your program, gather the documentation, take those exams and apply to the universities.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:09 pm
Proud owner of a Keg!

Alix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: F1 visa - the options?

What was your BA in?

You can study a variety of Masters (graduate level) programs at US universities. But all of the Masters require some kind of entrance exam. E.g MBA is GMAT, Medical School is MCAT etc etc.

You can do another Bachlors and won't be required to give any entrance exams.

Why are you so desperate to get to USA?