F1 to L2 status change

Old Apr 18th 2011, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

EricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to all
Default F1 to L2 status change

My girlfriend and I are going to be marrying shortly. She is here on an F1 visa, and I am on an L1A.

Will she need to leave the country and have a new visa issued, or can she change status whilst remaining in the US?
Old Apr 18th 2011, 2:36 am
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 to L2 status change

Originally Posted by EricK
My girlfriend and I are going to be marrying shortly. She is here on an F1 visa, and I am on an L1A.

Will she need to leave the country and have a new visa issued, or can she change status whilst remaining in the US?
She can change status here or just apply for a new visa abroad. Unless she wants to work or quit school or something, she may as well wait for the next time she goes abroad to get a new visa.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 to L2 status change

Originally Posted by EricK

You do not give enough in the way of facts to answer the "call" of your question in a short answer.