F1 and B1/B2

Old Mar 18th 2002, 10:05 pm
Dave

Default F1 and B1/B2

Hi,

I have a question concerning B1/B2 application. I was an F1 student in US. But I left
US for Canada before I finished my study in US since my wife was in Canada and she
did not want to go to US.

Both of us want to visit US in this summer. She has her visiting visa. So, I need to
apply a visiting visa myself.

My question is if my past stay in US as an F1 student who did not finish the study
will affect my application to B1/B2? We don't have any plan to stay in US for longer
than 2 weeks in this summer. We could have done that when I was an F-1 student. So, I
will say we don't have any intention to immigrate to US. I also have visited US once,
before I got my F-1 visa. So, I will say I have a good record of leaving US on time
except my last F-1 visa.

And also, after I left US, I did not return the I-94 to US when I left. Will this
affect my application to my B1/B2 visa? The reason that I did not return was that the
only port I went through was Canadian port when I left US and they did not even ask
me for I-94. I did not know to whom I should return my I-94.

Thanks for your help.