Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Pending Petition file I-130 form brother to brother then mom become US citizen what option do i have

Pending Petition file I-130 form brother to brother then mom become US citizen what option do i have

Old Mar 14th 2002, 9:05 pm
Raoger

Default Pending Petition file I-130 form brother to brother then mom become US citizen what option do i have

I hope some one can help

I am US Citizen and I file 1-130 for my brother who is married with kids in 4th
Family Preference 1993 , mean time my mom comes to US and then she become US Citizen
year April 2002

Priority Dates for Family Based Immigrant Visas

based on petition file from bother to brother they are giving visa to those applicant
who has file their petition in March 1989 to come to us from india

based on my file year feb 1993 he has 4 year waiting in 4th famaily preference

based on petition file from mother ( us citizen ) son they are giving visa to those
applicant who has file their petition in June 1996 to come to us from india

based on my file year March 2002 he has 6 year waiting in 3rd famaily preference

My Question as follow

(1) can my i-130 be trasfer to my mom for my brother can anything to be done to
existing I-130

(2) can she file for my brother new i-130 while my application is pending

(3) when she file new i-130 for my brother what happnes to file that i have file for
my brother

(4) can two i-130 application stay active for one person which was file from two
diffrent people

I would appricated any help

I would most appricated if you can aswer question as stated with some detail

Thank you

Old Mar 18th 2002, 10:05 pm
Sylvia Ottemoel

Default Re: Pending Petition file I-130 form brother to brother then mom become US citizen what option do i

raoger wrote:

> I hope some one can help
    >
    > I am US Citizen and I file 1-130 for my brother who is married with kids in 4th
    > Family Preference 1993 , mean time my mom comes to US and then she become US
    > Citizen year April 2002
    >
    > ************************************************** ****************************
    > Priority Dates for Family Based Immigrant Visas

> based on petition file from bother to brother they are giving visa to those
    > applicant who has file their petition in March 1989 to come to us from india
    >
    > based on my file year feb 1993 he has 4 year waiting in 4th famaily preference
    >

> based on petition file from mother ( us citizen ) son they are giving visa to those
    > applicant who has file their petition in June 1996 to come to us from india
    >
    > based on my file year March 2002 he has 6 year waiting in 3rd famaily preference
    >
    > ************************************************** ****************************
    >
    >
    > My Question as follow
    >
    > (1) can my i-130 be trasfer to my mom for my brother can anything to be done to
    > existing I-130

No. There can be no transfer when there is a different petitioner.

(With the same petitioner, an I-130 petition can sometimes be "converted" to a
different family-based category.)

> (2) can she file for my brother new i-130 while my application is pending

Yes.

> (3) when she file new i-130 for my brother what happnes to file that i have file
    > for my brother

Nothing. Both petitions exist at the same time, and do not interfere with each other.

When the time comes for the person to actually obtain permanent resident status, only
one petition may be chosen as the basis for the immigration.

> (4) can two i-130 application stay active for one person which was file from two
    > diffrent people

Yes.