Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Extraordinary Ability Visa for Permenant move to USA

Extraordinary Ability Visa for Permenant move to USA

Old Dec 17th 2023, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Hobbitses is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extraordinary Ability Visa for Permenant move to USA

Hi All.

I wondered if anyone has had any experience in an applying for this. I am in the music industry, have published books that are internationally recognised and I have had a look at the requirements and believe I qualify, but am aware that it might and wont be as simple as it looks. I have an appointment for an initial consultation with a Lawyer.

I would appreciate anyones advice or experiences on applying for this.
Old Dec 17th 2023, 7:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extraordinary Ability Visa for Permenant move to USA

Originally Posted by Hobbitses
Hi All.

I wondered if anyone has had any experience in an applying for this. I am in the music industry, have published books that are internationally recognised and I have had a look at the requirements and believe I qualify, but am aware that it might and wont be as simple as it looks. I have an appointment for an initial consultation with a Lawyer.

I do, got IV's via the EB1A route earlier this year. Took just over 5 months from start to finish, prepping the petition took longer than the actual application! Happy to help if you have any specific questions, or to recommend our lawyers?
Old Dec 17th 2023, 10:52 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All.

Get a good lawyer with experience doing this. The forms are easy, knowing what to send with it, and who to get recommendations etc from is the hard part.
Old Dec 25th 2023, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

lordmuggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All.

EB-1 is for extraordinary ability, and the EB-2 NIW is for exceptional ability. It isn't that difficult, but definitely worth doing through a lawyer. I work at an immigration law firm, and the biggest part is the recommendation letters.
Old Dec 30th 2023, 5:52 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lordmuggins
EB-1 is for extraordinary ability, and the EB-2 NIW is for exceptional ability. It isn't that difficult, but definitely worth doing through a lawyer. I work at an immigration law firm, and the biggest part is the recommendation letters.
Good post.

My experience was under the former “NYSDOT” regime. I recall one of my last cases involved a client who I evaluated as a clear EB-2 NIW case but marginal under EB-1. [At the time, both categories were “current” on the Visa Bulletin]. Knowing that DHS was extremely hostile to NIW, I filed two concurrent petitions. The marginal EB-1 went through like a hot knife through butter while the NIW generated a RFE from hell. Go figure.

As I was leaving practice, DHS came our with the Dhanasar decision vacating NYSDOT.

I think that this legal history demonstrates that competent experienced counsel is a good idea.