Express Mail/Next Day Delivery

Old Apr 29th 2004, 5:22 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Express Mail/Next Day Delivery

I just used this service to mail my packet to the Nebraska Service Center to beat the fee increase tomorrow. It was postmarked today and it will be at the Service Center by noon tomorrow.
I used next day delivery to reduce the possibility of it arriving sometime next week and getting mixed up with perhaps a larger volume of mail arriving with the new fee. My thinking less chance of that happening tomorrow because the fees actually come into effect only tomorrow.
However, I had to check a box for "waiver of signature" as then the USCIS may not have got it tomorrow. What they would have got tomorrow was a pick-up notice. The mail apparently goes into a mail box from which they have to pick it up. So the likelyhood then would have been the packet would have been picked up only on Monday.
All that was really required was that it be postmarked today. But to my thinking it was equally important that it arrive tomorrow. Make sense? I hope so
Old Apr 29th 2004, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice
Default Re: Express Mail/Next Day Delivery

Originally posted by Ranjini
I just used this service to mail my packet to the Nebraska Service Center to beat the fee increase tomorrow. It was postmarked today and it will be at the Service Center by noon tomorrow.
I used next day delivery to reduce the possibility of it arriving sometime next week and getting mixed up with perhaps a larger volume of mail arriving with the new fee. My thinking less chance of that happening tomorrow because the fees actually come into effect only tomorrow.
However, I had to check a box for "waiver of signature" as then the USCIS may not have got it tomorrow. What they would have got tomorrow was a pick-up notice. The mail apparently goes into a mail box from which they have to pick it up. So the likelyhood then would have been the packet would have been picked up only on Monday.
All that was really required was that it be postmarked today. But to my thinking it was equally important that it arrive tomorrow. Make sense? I hope so
How much has it gone up? I would have assumed that if they get it tomorrow and the fee goes up tomorrow you should pay the new fee. I wouldn't want to mess around with the chance of it being returned.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by AlisonPA
How much has it gone up? I would have assumed that if they get it tomorrow and the fee goes up tomorrow you should pay the new fee. I wouldn't want to mess around with the chance of it being returned.
For us, the difference was $55, enough to get it in the mail last week. I used Express Mail with the return receipt. I'm not at home to check for the return receipt, but I can see on my credit union's online system that the check has been cashed. Yay!
Old Apr 29th 2004, 5:59 pm
Banned

This was discussed in previous threads. The Federal Register (thanks to Mr. Folinsky's information) states that all that is required is that it's postmarked today or earlier.
One takes a chance on USCIS screwing up one way or the other. It's always a possibilty. All one can do is follow the instructions as best as one can....
Old Apr 29th 2004, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

This was discussed in previous threads. The Federal Register (thanks to Mr. Folinsky's information) states that all that is required is that it's postmarked today or earlier.
One takes a chance on USCIS screwing up one way or the other. It's always a possibilty. All one can do is follow the instructions as best as one can....
Yeah well, if it's something so important and hardly a big deal in the price difference I would never chance it. I would not want to get it all sent back and waste time.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 6:56 pm
Banned

Yeah well, if it's something so important and hardly a big deal in the price difference I would never chance it. I would not want to get it all sent back and waste time.
I just posted my experience with Express mail. I wan't asking you for your opinion...
Old Apr 29th 2004, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just posted my experience with Express mail. I wan't asking you for your opinion...
I generally think that when people post here they are going to get opinions whether they like it or not. Actually you did say "Make sense?" on your post and I thought you were talking about the issue as a whole.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 7:55 pm
Banned

I generally think that when people post here they are going to get opinions whether they like it or not. Actually you did say "Make sense?" on your post and I thought you were talking about the issue as a whole.
Actually, this post was directed at those of us who discussed the issue before. Mr. Folinsky expressed the opionion that one needn't Express Mail at all, as long as it was postmarked 29th or before. And I agree. So the "make sense" was in case he or some other person who held the same opinion was reading it. Just me being extra cautious was what I was saying.
But the deed is done and I don't need to discuss it with someone who has just tuned into an old discussion and rehash. If you are asking for information by all means. I am already a US citizen and this was the application for citizenship for my son. So I may just perhaps know something that you don't already know.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Actually, this post was directed at those of us who discussed the issue before. Mr. Folinsky expressed the opionion that one needn't Express Mail at all, as long as it was postmarked 29th or before. And I agree. So the "make sense" was in case he or some other person who held the same opinion was reading it. Just me being extra cautious was what I was saying.
But the deed is done and I don't need to discuss it with someone who has just tuned into an old discussion and rehash. If you are asking for information by all means. I am already a US citizen and this was the application for citizenship for my son. So I may just perhaps know something that you don't already know.
Well are't you the clever one! Guess it's OK if someone agrees with you then but if they don't then you don't want to know, so be it you obviously already know all the answers!

Last edited by AlisonPA; Apr 29th 2004 at 8:07 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 8:41 pm
Banned

Well are't you the clever one! Guess it's OK if someone agrees with you then but if they don't then you don't want to know, so be it you obviously already know all the answers!
Agrees with me about what?? The Federal Register clearly states that applications with the old fee will be accepted if postmarked on 29th April or before. It isn't an opinion. It's a stated fact.
The rest of my post is all about my experience with Express mail. Jesus!