expierence with late LCA

Old Jul 4th 2001, 2:47 am
sj

For those who filed H-1B extension without certified LCA, here is my experience with
the matter. I got my LCA approval a month after I filed my 7th year H-1B extension
back in March. I carefully mailed a copy immediately to the TSC hoping they will
place it into my file so that there would be no delay. But I was wrong, two months
later, today my employer told me he just received a REF for the LCA.

Old Jul 4th 2001, 2:07 pm
PM

Hello SJ, PM here again. Something similar happened to me. The same attorney also
applied for my 7th year H-1 extension with no LCA. However, this particular paralegal
I really like working with. Anyway, she told me that she is not going to send the LCA
to TSC until they come back with an RFE. Otherwise the LCA will go back into a void.
In this newsgroup I have also read that while INS claims that replies to RFE are sent
to the back of the waiting line, in effect most people have seen immediate approval
after they responded to RFE.

Also, even though the Congress passed the law allowing people to extend H-1 on a
yearly basis beyond 6 yrs if their I-485 have been pending more than 180 days, the
INS had not formulated their own internal policies yet. The paralegal did tell me
last week that TSC has started approving such cases now. Good luck.

>
    >
my
    >
immediately
    >
no
    >
just
    >