Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Expecting both baby and interview in July!

Expecting both baby and interview in July!

Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:17 pm
Banned

Johndoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expecting both baby and interview in July!

Just pray you dont get a crazy interviewer who will think you decided to get PG so you can evade the interview!!!

=====================================

Originally Posted by Buendia
Thanks everyone!

Yeah, not sure what happens in the event I'm in labor on the interview date... it's not something you'd know until right then so you couldn't really re-schedule a month before or something. Very weird situation. But I'm sure they've encountered this before. Anyway, most likely at the interview I'll be huge and ready to pop or be carrying a screaming child. Either way, maybe they'll be kind and make it a short interview!

This is how wrapped up in the immigration stuff I am: I was thinking, should I get a note from my doctor saying that David's been to all of the prenatal appts. with me as relationship evidence? (Knowing me, I probably will!)

Also thinking - lucky child! to have both US/Irish/UK citizenship right off the bat!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Steffi
Why are you so worried about needing all this info regarding to your husband's relationship with the baby? You got pregnant a few months after moving to the US, didn't you?
I know, it's silly!

Plus, even before we moved to the US after my husband got his visa, we were together living in Ireland... (But yes, we got pregnant 3 mos. after arriving!). I'm just paranoid about evidence collecting - and I have to say we have A LOT!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:45 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

I know, it's silly!

Plus, even before we moved to the US after my husband got his visa, we were together living in Ireland... (But yes, we got pregnant 3 mos. after arriving!). I'm just paranoid about evidence collecting - and I have to say we have A LOT!
I think you should be fine. If they do the math (which they hopefully can), then it should be clear that you got pregnant once you were already living in the US with your husband! I think by raising the issue and providing all this information regarding your husband being the dad they might only get suspicious as to why you want to prove it to them so badly. But I don't want to cause paranoia now or anything. I just don't think it's an issue at all. You were just ready to have kids when you moved here, that's all. No cocnerns for me there!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should be fine. If they do the math (which they hopefully can), then it should be clear that you got pregnant once you were already living in the US with your husband! I think by raising the issue and providing all this information regarding your husband being the dad they might only get suspicious as to why you want to prove it to them so badly. But I don't want to cause paranoia now or anything. I just don't think it's an issue at all. You were just ready to have kids when you moved here, that's all. No cocnerns for me there!
Steffi, you want people who mix up I-765 with I-766 to be able to do math well? LOL

Rene
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:54 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Steffi, you want people who mix up I-765 with I-766 to be able to do math well? LOL

Rene
Ahhh yes. *sigh* :/
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Ahhh yes. *sigh* :/
Eek! Now I'm paranoid! What to bring, what not to bring... ah well, it's months and months and months away...

Anyway, it is the Albuquerque sub-office; for the record, I'll bet they come right out and ask if it's my husband's baby.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:32 pm
Banned

Is it?
=========================

Eek! Now I'm paranoid! What to bring, what not to bring... ah well, it's months and months and months away...

Anyway, it is the Albuquerque sub-office; for the record, I'll bet they come right out and ask if it's my husband's baby.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johndoe
Is it?
I used to think you were just annoying but, with this posting, you've officially moved up a rank to "pig".

Ian
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:00 am
Banned

why? she posed the question herself. Doesnt look to me like the question was necessary in the first place.
==========================

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I used to think you were just annoying but, with this posting, you've officially moved up a rank to "pig".

Ian
Old Jan 6th 2005, 11:39 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

As for what to bring-either a suitcase for the hospital or the baby. Either way, happy, happy and congratulations dearie!!!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johndoe
why? she posed the question herself. Doesnt look to me like the question was necessary in the first place.
==========================
I don't remember asking that question. I have to agree with Ian on this one.

To everyone else - much thanks! We're very excited! (Now on to planning a trip back to Ireland before I can't travel...)
Old Jan 6th 2005, 3:15 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

I was five months' pregnant when I had my interview so the bump was very visible. I didn't bring along anything to do with the pregnancy at all.

I was asked for birth certificates for any children that we had, (together) so I pointed at my belly and said, 'We're working on it!' That raised a smile.

I'm sure you'll be just fine.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 3:22 pm
K1 via London

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
I was five months' pregnant when I had my interview so the bump was very visible. I didn't bring along anything to do with the pregnancy at all.

I was asked for birth certificates for any children that we had, (together) so I pointed at my belly and said, 'We're working on it!' That raised a smile.

I'm sure you'll be just fine.
How soon after you moved to the US did you get pregnant?
Because Buendia, if I calculated this correctly, should have gotten pregnant about 3-4 months after moving to the US, correct?
Old Jan 6th 2005, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

How soon after you moved to the US did you get pregnant?
Because Buendia, if I calculated this correctly, should have gotten pregnant about 3-4 months after moving to the US, correct?
Yep, we arrived July 14, conceived on October 24 (or one or two days before or after that). I was worried it would take several months or longer (everyone had me scared about my age), but it was our first month trying!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 6:03 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, we arrived July 14,
/Fingers in ears
LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa

TMI, girls!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.