Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Expecting both baby and interview in July!

Expecting both baby and interview in July!

Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default Expecting both baby and interview in July!

Hey everyone,

Haven't been on this NG in a while... mostly because it's all I can do to get my work done, then I have to go sit on the couch feeling queasy and exhausted... yes, we're pregnant! (Very much planned, but happened on the first try! - not bad for a 38 year old!)

I don't even care that it seems both the baby and our interview are due almost exactly the same time - mid July... if that becomes an issue, we'll be posting here again for advice, maybe talking to our Congressman's immigration liaison. We met him in our Congressman's office last month when we went in to discuss the spousal immigration process. The Congressman, Tom Udall, makes time to meet with constituents, and was very receptive to our ideas. His liaison took us under his wing, told us that HE is having problems with the Albuquerque Sub-Office (they won't return his calls!), not to be surprised if we had problems with them, and not to hesitate to call him if we did. He took our case info just so he could stay on top of things for us.

That's all of our news... I'm starting to feel better so I'll be back soon... hope everyone else is well, and the wait (for whatever you may be waiting for) is not too bad. Thanks to everyone for all of the advice, help, moral support!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:48 pm
heading to Ohio

widge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expecting both baby and interview in July!

Whoopeee doooo congratulations ...... so happy to see you have been making good use of your time in the US lol
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on both the baby and the interview!!

Rene
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buendia
Hey everyone,

Haven't been on this NG in a while... mostly because it's all I can do to get my work done, then I have to go sit on the couch feeling queasy and exhausted... yes, we're pregnant! (Very much planned, but happened on the first try! - not bad for a 38 year old!)

I don't even care that it seems both the baby and our interview are due almost exactly the same time - mid July... if that becomes an issue, we'll be posting here again for advice, maybe talking to our Congressman's immigration liaison. We met him in our Congressman's office last month when we went in to discuss the spousal immigration process. The Congressman, Tom Udall, makes time to meet with constituents, and was very receptive to our ideas. His liaison took us under his wing, told us that HE is having problems with the Albuquerque Sub-Office (they won't return his calls!), not to be surprised if we had problems with them, and not to hesitate to call him if we did. He took our case info just so he could stay on top of things for us.

That's all of our news... I'm starting to feel better so I'll be back soon... hope everyone else is well, and the wait (for whatever you may be waiting for) is not too bad. Thanks to everyone for all of the advice, help, moral support!
Congratulations on ... both
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:26 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the little one on the way! Best wishes for the interview
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:51 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! What wonderful news!

We hope things go well for you -- in both departments!

~ Jenney & Mark
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:51 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Congrat's! Fantastic news
Old Jan 5th 2005, 4:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.

Hey everyone,

Old Jan 5th 2005, 4:59 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Buendia! So glad to hear of your happy news!

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
Old Jan 5th 2005, 5:02 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

What excellent news!! Congratulations to you both!

I hope that both events are remarkably smooth and relatively painless!!!

Take care!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone,

Holy babymaking, Batman! Take my eyes off of you for a moment and look what happens!
Congrats to you both on both fronts! Take good care of yourself, BD. Old ladies like us & all that...
Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:25 pm
Banned

Johndoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Expecting both baby and interview in July!

If interview and baby happen on same day, which will you give priority? I guess you will have to postpone one .

========================================

Originally Posted by meauxna
Holy babymaking, Batman! Take my eyes off of you for a moment and look what happens!
Congrats to you both on both fronts! Take good care of yourself, BD. Old ladies like us & all that...
Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:32 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Double congrats!!

Originally Posted by Johndoe
If interview and baby happen on same day, which will you give priority? I guess you will have to postpone one .
Her body probbaly wouldn't give her much of a choice? *L*
Old Jan 5th 2005, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, not sure what happens in the event I'm in labor on the interview date... it's not something you'd know until right then so you couldn't really re-schedule a month before or something. Very weird situation. But I'm sure they've encountered this before. Anyway, most likely at the interview I'll be huge and ready to pop or be carrying a screaming child. Either way, maybe they'll be kind and make it a short interview!

This is how wrapped up in the immigration stuff I am: I was thinking, should I get a note from my doctor saying that David's been to all of the prenatal appts. with me as relationship evidence? (Knowing me, I probably will!)

Also thinking - lucky child! to have both US/Irish/UK citizenship right off the bat!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 9:58 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

This is how wrapped up in the immigration stuff I am: I was thinking, should I get a note from my doctor saying that David's been to all of the prenatal appts. with me as relationship evidence? (Knowing me, I probably will!)
Why are you so worried about needing all this info regarding to your husband's relationship with the baby? You got pregnant a few months after moving to the US, didn't you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.