ESTA for US Vacation travel

Old Jan 14th 2019, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ESTA for US Vacation travel

Hi Folks,

We are a family of five going on a cruise vacation in the next week. We are not taking flights.
We are Permanent Residents of Canada and also hold Irish Passports. Our passports are all up to date and have the little symbol on them allowing for electronic processing.
Do we still need to apply for an ESTA to travel?

Thanks

Farmboy
Old Jan 14th 2019, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESTA for US Vacation travel

Hi Siouxie
I guess this is a little bit more complex. when reading the Landed Immigrant part of the document you kindly attached then I dont think I need an ESTA. We are arriving by land and boarding in New York. Do you think that the minute you board the cruise liner and essentially leave land that your situation changes?

Thanks

Farmboy
Old Jan 14th 2019, 5:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
Hi Siouxie
I guess this is a little bit more complex. when reading the Landed Immigrant part of the document you kindly attached then I dont think I need an ESTA. We are arriving by land and boarding in New York. Do you think that the minute you board the cruise liner and essentially leave land that your situation changes?

Thanks

Farmboy
As you will have gone through US Immigration in NYC, or wherever you entered the US, you will not have to go through US Immigration again. I am assuming you will be cruising the Bahamas or Caribbean.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting across the border you pay, I have seen it said many times it makes sense to do it on line even though you technically do not need it.

Not much and good for 2 years.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Boiler!!
I guess its pucker up and pay time LOL !!