Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

ESTA denied in May 2009...time to reapply?

ESTA denied in May 2009...time to reapply?

Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Whymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESTA denied in May 2009...time to reapply?

Originally Posted by dbj1000
There are many other places to holiday. At this stage, it's time to pick one.
Yeah okay, like you even know me.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys (excluding toolbag).

Last edited by Whymewhyme; Apr 5th 2010 at 7:14 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Whymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
More like 1% and 9%

But your only option.
Forever? So the only way I can legally go to the usa is by applying for a visa (now or in say 10 years)?
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:25 pm
Banned

DanielMDQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Whymewhyme
Forever? So the only way I can legally go to the usa is by applying for a visa (now or in say 10 years)?
I really don't understand how the ESTA system works, i can't believe u got not authorized, and a girl who was denied a B2 visa 5 TIMES got authorized...

Suggestion...maybe this is going to be stupid, i've read in some countries when you lose ur passport and get a new one the passport number changes...i'm pretty sure what ESTA does is looking for the passport number, that's why this girl got approved having 5 visa denials (because she became citizen of another country and her passport # changed, and same case with me, i was denied with my argentinian passport a b2 visa, got italian passport and got approved)

Well i've just read the passport # changes when you renew it, so get a new passport, say you lost it and apply for ESTA again, i have a strong feeling that would help
Old Apr 6th 2010, 12:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DanielMDQ
I really don't understand how the ESTA system works, i can't believe u got not authorized, and a girl who was denied a B2 visa 5 TIMES got authorized...

Suggestion...maybe this is going to be stupid, i've read in some countries when you lose ur passport and get a new one the passport number changes...i'm pretty sure what ESTA does is looking for the passport number, that's why this girl got approved having 5 visa denials (because she became citizen of another country and her passport # changed, and same case with me, i was denied with my argentinian passport a b2 visa, got italian passport and got approved)

Well i've just read the passport # changes when you renew it, so get a new passport, say you lost it and apply for ESTA again, i have a strong feeling that would help
You are recommending that he lies and commit immigration fraud.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

If I had zero savings and no job, the last thing I'd be trying to do is find a way to fly across the ocean for a two week vacation
Old Apr 6th 2010, 3:47 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Whyme,

You currently have been denied ESTA. That leaves you only one option, and that is to try applying for a B-2 visa again.

Things that are NOT in your favor: you are self-employed, you don't own your own property, you don't have much money in savings, your situation has not changed since a year ago when you got denied.

Things that ARE in your favor: Nothing that I can see.

Have your friends in the USA come over to you this time, instead. Or meet up in a country where you don't need a visa.

Rene
Old Apr 6th 2010, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

No, the only way you can legally go to the US is with authorization. That may using ESTA or a visa but you still need to be authorized at the door. Seems like ESTA is not an option for you and it's theoretically possible that you will never be allowed in the US again, with or without a visa.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bill_S
If I had zero savings and no job, the last thing I'd be trying to do is find a way to fly across the ocean for a two week vacation
I'm not going to get into this but I can get the money if needed, I just want the option to go there.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light

I just want the option to sleep with supermodels on a daily basis with my wifes permission. Sadly some things in life are not going to happen no matter how much I want them to.

The horse is not only dead but burried and in horsey heaven. Perhaps now would be a good time for you to put the whip away?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:03 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DanielMDQ

How did you answer the question about previous visa denials when you completed the ESTA?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crg
How did you answer the question about previous visa denials when you completed the ESTA?
Me? The q was "have you ever been denied a US visa?" I put :

When: April 2009
Where: US Embassy, London
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a lot fuss for a holiday when there are so many other options.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
Sounds like a lot fuss for a holiday when there are so many other options.
I guess. I heard Canada is good or is it the same bs?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dunno, never been there. Short on dosh there are a lot cheaper alternates.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 12:07 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF? "I heard Canada is good..." for what? For a holiday? I heard lots of countries are "good" for a holiday. What kind of holiday do you want? Canada's not much good for tropical beaches...

This whole thread stinks. I think you're trying to emigrate from the UK, under the premise of taking a vacation. I think that's what US Immigration thinks too.

If you need a holiday location that doesn't need a visa, you have all of Europe and much of the rest of the world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.