Esta approved a few questions

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:50 am
Banned

igotheesta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Esta approved a few questions

So I intended to travel around January time. I filed the esta now so I wouldn't have to pay the money.

When I travel will I have to have the esta form printed out? Should I print out all the pages with the answers to the questions and the passport number as well as the page showing the address and flight details?. I understand the green visa waiver form has been axed hasn't it? So I will need that to show the officers at the other end. I travelled without the printout last time and there wasn't a problem but then again we had that green form for him to input on the system. I left the bit about the flights and address blank I haven't booked it yet still looking online at deals. I won't have to pay to update that information will I?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

hannahlove7 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Esta approved a few questions

Originally Posted by igotheesta
So I intended to travel around January time. I filed the esta now so I wouldn't have to pay the money.

When I travel will I have to have the esta form printed out? Should I print out all the pages with the answers to the questions and the passport number as well as the page showing the address and flight details?. I understand the green visa waiver form has been axed hasn't it? So I will need that to show the officers at the other end. I travelled without the printout last time and there wasn't a problem but then again we had that green form for him to input on the system. I left the bit about the flights and address blank I haven't booked it yet still looking online at deals. I won't have to pay to update that information will I?
You don't need to print out anything - they won't ask for it, they can see that you have it on their computers. I think the airline are not meant to let you fly without it showing on their computers. If you want to be extra safe then print it but i wouldn't bother, and if it really came down to it i can imagine them believing their computers over your bit of paper anyway unfortunately.

I also left my flights blank. They asked me where I was staying when i arrived and that was all. I never gave the details in ESTA at all. You don't have to pay to update the information if you do decide to update it though.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by hannahlove7
You don't need to print out anything - they won't ask for it, they can see that you have it on their computers. I think the airline are not meant to let you fly without it showing on their computers. If you want to be extra safe then print it but i wouldn't bother, and if it really came down to it i can imagine them believing their computers over your bit of paper anyway unfortunately.

I also left my flights blank. They asked me where I was staying when i arrived and that was all. I never gave the details in ESTA at all. You don't have to pay to update the information if you do decide to update it though.
Great! Thanks for the help!
Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

A related question:

My mum's coming to visit on an ESTA. She came last year on an ESTA, and as they last for two years that ESTA has not expired.

Does she have to update any information on ESTA for this new visit? E.g. her new flight details, new flight date etc.? Or can I leave it as it is?
Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jscl
A related question:

My mum's coming to visit on an ESTA. She came last year on an ESTA, and as they last for two years that ESTA has not expired.

Does she have to update any information on ESTA for this new visit? E.g. her new flight details, new flight date etc.? Or can I leave it as it is?
It depends if she wants to take the same flight I suppose. There is no need to state a flight date. She might want to apply for the ESTA again and avoid having to pay?
Old Sep 4th 2010, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igotheesta
. She might want to apply for the ESTA again and avoid having to pay?
No need for her to apply again as it lasts 2 years
Old Sep 4th 2010, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
No need for her to apply again as it lasts 2 years
I think you missed the point... if she reapplies now, ESTA's good for another 2 years. If she doesn't, then next year she'll need to pay. If she reapplies now, she doesn't have to pay for 2 years. It's like getting a year free!

Ian
Old Sep 4th 2010, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I think you missed the point... if she reapplies now, ESTA's good for another 2 years. If she doesn't, then next year she'll need to pay. If she reapplies now, she doesn't have to pay for 2 years. It's like getting a year free!

Ian
ok..see your point.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies - thought about renewing again now but a) didn't know if it would let me, and b) as she might not come next year I didn't know if it would be worthwhile.

My question more was do I have to update the details for the flight she'll be arriving on. And it sounds like yes I do!
Old Sep 6th 2010, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

For anyone else who wants to do this (reuse an ESTA from a previous trip) it is very simple but you need to have your ESTA number. With that you go to the ESTA website, confirm your date of birth, and then it tells you immediately whether the visa is still valid. There's a button right there to update any info you need to update.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 1:46 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jscl
...and then it tells you immediately whether the visa is still valid.
...whether the ESTA is still valid.

There is no visa.

Rene