Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

end of I94W can I claim anything back off the airlines?

end of I94W can I claim anything back off the airlines?

Old May 24th 2010, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: end of I94W can I claim anything back off the airlines?

Originally Posted by bowenaj37
It could only be 2 quid incorporated on your bill or could be 15 quid that's a few pints in the pub innit
I doubt it would even be close to a couple of quid let alone 15. I would guess at about 20p or less per traveler. The form itself can't be more than a penny or two in the amount used and other costs split over the millions and millions of travelers isn't going to be much. It may be somewhat significant to the airline who pays the whole bill but for each person it won't be.
Old May 24th 2010, 2:18 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I would attempt to claim that back...
You strike me as nothing more than a cheap, money-grubbing arse with a chip on your shoulder and a skewed sense of entitlement. Just about every thread you've started has been about money - and how desperately cheap you are! It's pathetic.

Ian
Old May 24th 2010, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You strike me as nothing more than a cheap, money-grubbing arse with a chip on your shoulder and a skewed sense of entitlement. Just about every thread you've started has been about money - and how desperately cheap you are! It's pathetic.

Ian
Old May 24th 2010, 2:56 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I was unsure what to do with this thread as it seems more to do with an airline than an immigration issue, so I've ended up moving it to the Trailer Park.
Old May 24th 2010, 3:16 am
Banned

bowenaj37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ian
Ok Ian so if they phase out all these air taxes in the U.S and you paid your tickets for England you wouldn't put that in your next tax return? Of course you would.

And why are they now saying we are gonna see hundreds of millions in savings they don't have to sell it us.

Last edited by bowenaj37; May 24th 2010 at 3:24 am.
Old May 24th 2010, 3:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The ESTA does not remove the fee incurred by the I-94W and the airline only collects it and sends it on the DHS. It is not for their use. The fee is for the stamp in your passport as well and you will still be receiving it so why do you think you are reducing your costs?

If you don't want to spend the money, then feel free to never step foot in the US again. There problem solved.

If the I94W has been phased out at Dublin immigration by the time I travel in a few weeks time what would I be entitled to claim back? I have paid the bill months in advance of travelling when the i94w was still in use. Any costs incurred by the airline to implement the i94w must be included in the ticket cost, and since I have never been charged for the i94w at the airport I am assuming that those charges are on my bill. And if the i94w is phased out by the time I travel then those charges are defunct.

Any thoughts?
Old May 24th 2010, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Trying to justify the expense I guess. Any fees factored into your ticket are only an average anyway. Think of the security checkpoints: I go through with no metal, no overcoat, one small carry on, yet I get charged the same as somebody who needs patting down, wears a pacemaker, carries a laptop as well as an ordinary bag that requires double screening, and is in a wheelchair (and no, I don't think wheelchair users should be charged more - but double baggage or unnecssarily holding up the queue... hmmm... that's another thread).
What about thin people? They should definitely get a refund on fuel costs.
Old May 24th 2010, 3:29 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

If the I94W has been phased out at Dublin immigration by the time I travel in a few weeks time what would I be entitled to claim back? I have paid the bill months in advance of travelling when the i94w was still in use. Any costs incurred by the airline to implement the i94w must be included in the ticket cost, and since I have never been charged for the i94w at the airport I am assuming that those charges are on my bill. And if the i94w is phased out by the time I travel then those charges are defunct.

Any thoughts?

OMG

what planet are you from and do you have oxygen there?..
Old May 24th 2010, 3:30 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

the only thing bought is a contract of carriage from point a to point b.
Old May 24th 2010, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
My thoughts exactly!
Old May 24th 2010, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Ian so if they phase out all these air taxes in the U.S and you paid your tickets for England you wouldn't put that in your next tax return? Of course you would.

And why are they now saying we are gonna see hundreds of millions in savings they don't have to sell it us.
I know you were asking in another thread if you could have an op in the US but are you medicated now?
Old May 24th 2010, 3:43 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
I was unsure what to do with this thread as it seems more to do with an airline than an immigration issue, so I've ended up moving it to the Trailer Park.
File it under "The Deportation of Cheapskates"
Old May 24th 2010, 3:44 am
Banned

Will the phasing out of this paperwork mean a reduction in the taxes that you pay when you book a flight to the U.S? They are not phasing out the Immigration and Naturalisation Fee of 7 bucks are they or the International Transportation Tax?
Old May 24th 2010, 3:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Manc
the only thing bought is a contract of carriage from point a to point b.
So why does that article that CRG posted up in the other thread say that the airlines will make savings and the passengers should see savings over a number of years? Savings in what respect?
Old May 24th 2010, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

No fun when the trolls are this obvious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.