Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

end of I94W can I claim anything back off the airlines?

end of I94W can I claim anything back off the airlines?

Old May 24th 2010, 8:43 am
Banned

bowenaj37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default end of I94W can I claim anything back off the airlines?

If the I94W has been phased out at Dublin immigration by the time I travel in a few weeks time what would I be entitled to claim back? I have paid the bill months in advance of travelling when the i94w was still in use. Any costs incurred by the airline to implement the i94w must be included in the ticket cost, and since I have never been charged for the i94w at the airport I am assuming that those charges are on my bill. And if the i94w is phased out by the time I travel then those charges are defunct.

Any thoughts?
Old May 24th 2010, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

srefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: end of I94W can I claim anything back off the airlines?

Originally Posted by bowenaj37

Any thoughts?
My initial thought is *facepalm*

Why would you be entitled to anything?
Unless your contract of sale specifically says you will be given a paper I-94W, which seems unlikely.

If I don't drink the soft drinks I am offered on the plane, or eat the nuts, I can't claim anything back, but the airline certainly factored me eating and drinking these into my ticket price.

Was that really a serious question?
Old May 24th 2010, 10:13 am
Banned

Originally Posted by srefre
My initial thought is *facepalm*

Why would you be entitled to anything?
Unless your contract of sale specifically says you will be given a paper I-94W, which seems unlikely.

If I don't drink the soft drinks I am offered on the plane, or eat the nuts, I can't claim anything back, but the airline certainly factored me eating and drinking these into my ticket price.

Was that really a serious question?
Yes I am serious actually. CRG posted this link I will post it below then he broke it down into a few sentences I don't know how to quote from his thread so I am not going to post the entire thing.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/E8-12673.htm

This government information talks about the potential savings to airlines from data entry, storage and printing etc etc, that leads me to believe that any cost incurred through this process will be incorporated on the bill and passed on to the travellers. I don't have a breakdown of the bill but if they are incurring costs on that you can bet your life they are passing it on to me. Let me ask you srefre what if you don't get the soft drinks and the in flight meals that you have paid for. What if they just don't bring them round? Would you demand something back on that?

Last edited by bowenaj37; May 24th 2010 at 10:23 am.
Old May 24th 2010, 10:31 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

If the I94W has been phased out at Dublin immigration by the time I travel in a few weeks time what would I be entitled to claim back? I have paid the bill months in advance of travelling when the i94w was still in use. Any costs incurred by the airline to implement the i94w must be included in the ticket cost, and since I have never been charged for the i94w at the airport I am assuming that those charges are on my bill. And if the i94w is phased out by the time I travel then those charges are defunct.

Any thoughts?
Hmmm.... maybe you could ask them to use the amount saved on an upgrade for you?
Old May 24th 2010, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

srefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of light

Let me ask you srefre what if you don't get the soft drinks and the in flight meals that you have paid for. What if they just don't bring them round? Would you demand something back on that?
The point I was making is obligation. In your ticket\contract\itinerary the provision of refreshments is probably stated. Therefore the airline is obliged to provide you with this.

A paper I-94W is (check the smallprint I might be wrong) probably not mentioned here, so they are not obliged to provide one.

I would also assume all taxes are levied at time of sale, not at the point of service, so even if one of the taxes becomes reduced, this would already have been paid.
Old May 24th 2010, 11:08 am
Banned

The point I was making is obligation. In your ticket\contract\itinerary the provision of refreshments is probably stated. Therefore the airline is obliged to provide you with this.

A paper I-94W is (check the smallprint I might be wrong) probably not mentioned here, so they are not obliged to provide one.

I would also assume all taxes are levied at time of sale, not at the point of service, so even if one of the taxes becomes reduced, this would already have been paid.
I am not so sure don't the airlines have to provide you with the i94 form and they are it seems responsible for printing and storing these forms and various data entry work associated with them. You sure as hell don't have to print out your own.

All i can find about immigration fees and taxes on transportation to the U.S is this link here.

http://www.airlinetickets.vc/fees.html

It talks about International Transportation Tax and the Immigration and Naturalisation Fee of 7 bucks. These savings mentioned by CRG are nothing to with these taxes and surcharges are they?. I understand what you are saying about it all being paid for but if it not being used and I have paid to use something on the day of my travel that it is no longer required or no longer provided on the day of my travel that can I claim something back at that point, what are my rights?

Last edited by bowenaj37; May 24th 2010 at 11:27 am.
Old May 24th 2010, 11:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by tonrob
Hmmm.... maybe you could ask them to use the amount saved on an upgrade for you?
It could only be 2 quid incorporated on your bill or could be 15 quid that's a few pints in the pub innit
Old May 24th 2010, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

I am not so sure don't the airlines have to provide you with the i94 form and they are it seems responsible for printing and storing these forms and various data entry work associated with them. You sure as hell don't have to print out your own.
But does any of your documentation from them promise to provide you with this?
If they're not contractually obliged, they won't have to do anything. They may have an obligation to the US, but not likely to passengers.

Read the T&C's you have been given, these will most likely provide your answer.
Old May 24th 2010, 12:02 pm
Banned

But does any of your documentation from them promise to provide you with this?
If they're not contractually obliged, they won't have to do anything. They may have an obligation to the US, but not likely to passengers.

Read the T&C's you have been given, these will most likely provide your answer.
I emailed the airline I await their response or lack of response
Old May 24th 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

What about people who DON'T travel on an I94W? Do they get a refund? (No)
Old May 24th 2010, 1:01 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I emailed the airline I await their response or lack of response
You, sir, are an imbecile.
Old May 24th 2010, 1:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by GeoffM
What about people who DON'T travel on an I94W? Do they get a refund? (No)
Fair enough but why then are DHS tossing figures around and making statements of financial benefits to travellers and financial savings to airlines. How have these so called benefits and savings been calculated?
Old May 24th 2010, 1:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dbj1000
You, sir, are an imbecile.
They won't email back they are hoping you won't figure it out but if it is says I don't know. They won't reduce prices either once it has been phased out and savings made they will take the reduction on costs and factor it as additional profit. If for instance I find out they put £10 on my bill for these costs which are no longer relevant the day I fly. I would attempt to claim that back on principle it would probably just require a letter to the airline a claim form to be completed perhaps the cost of an SAE. Would I get it back probably not but it still worth a try.
Old May 24th 2010, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough but why then are DHS tossing figures around and making statements of financial benefits to travellers and financial savings to airlines. How have these so called benefits and savings been calculated?
Trying to justify the expense I guess. Any fees factored into your ticket are only an average anyway. Think of the security checkpoints: I go through with no metal, no overcoat, one small carry on, yet I get charged the same as somebody who needs patting down, wears a pacemaker, carries a laptop as well as an ordinary bag that requires double screening, and is in a wheelchair (and no, I don't think wheelchair users should be charged more - but double baggage or unnecssarily holding up the queue... hmmm... that's another thread).
Old May 24th 2010, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

You want money back from the airline because you won't have to fill in a piece of colored card on the plane anymore?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.