Employment question

Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

leopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really nice
Default Employment question

This has probably been asked a dozen times but once you receive the EAD what exactly is required in order to obtain a job, i.e. the EAD, resume, and what else?
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:43 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment question

l,

See form I-9.

That and an employer that is hiring rather than firing.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by leopards
This has probably been asked a dozen times but once you receive the EAD what exactly is required in order to obtain a job, i.e. the EAD, resume, and what else?
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment question

Originally Posted by leopards
USCIS requires you to have the EAD in hand, so you have their authorization to work.

The employer will require you to have the correct documents to complete an I-9 form (Employment Eligibility Verification). Take a look at the form here, and just make sure you have the documents they will require: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf

Many employers require you to have a SSN as well. If you don't yet have the SS card, you can obtain a letter from SS saying you've applied for it, which the employer will accept until you have the actual card in hand.

Rene