employment greencard

Old Feb 18th 2001, 1:16 am
Poocha

Can anyone tell me how long will it take to apply an employment greencard and what is the
cost like? PLease reply. Thanks.

Old Feb 18th 2001, 7:30 am
RRuth48380

>Can anyone tell me how long will it take to apply an employment greencard and what is the
>cost like? PLease reply. Thanks.

The time it takes to get an employment-based greencard can vary widely, depending upon the
preference category sought, and the employer (if an employer sponsor is even needed). If
the employer can use the Reduction-In-Recruitment option for the labor certification, that
will take months, if not years, off of the process. If not, the converse is true. In some
cases, the position sought is "pre-certified", which also makes the process a bit quicker
(i.e., Schedule A cases). Costs also vary widely amongst attorneys and employers. Some
employers pick up the whole tab, while others expect the employee to contribute some or
all of the attorney fee and filing fees. Hope this gives you some general guidance.

Richard Ruth, Esq. THE RUTH LAW FIRM www.ruthlaw.com