Employment Authorization

Old May 9th 2007, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

mikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to behold
Default Employment Authorization

I have recently received notification (about 20 days ago) that my application for the EAD has been received by USCIS. The return receipt is dated and I wondered whether the 90 day period runs from the date that the application is confirmed as received (i.e USPS receipt), or when USCIS confirm that the application is being processed?
Thanks in advance for any help
Old May 9th 2007, 11:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment Authorization

Originally Posted by mikec81
I have recently received notification (about 20 days ago) that my application for the EAD has been received by USCIS. The return receipt is dated and I wondered whether the 90 day period runs from the date that the application is confirmed as received (i.e USPS receipt), or when USCIS confirm that the application is being processed?
Thanks in advance for any help
Actually, many people believe the 90 day clock doesn't start ticking until after you've had your biometrics done.

The 90 day period isn't really that useful anymore anyway, since local offices can no longer give out a temp EAD. All they will do is make sure you had your biometrics done, and send an inquiry as to why the card hasn't been produced yet.

Rene
Old May 9th 2007, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

mikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the information.
Could you help with another question relating to that? Should I wait for an appointment to be provided or should I make an appointment myself? The USCIS website is not particularly helpful on this.
Thanks
Old May 9th 2007, 11:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikec81
Thanks for the information.
Could you help with another question relating to that? Should I wait for an appointment to be provided or should I make an appointment myself? The USCIS website is not particularly helpful on this.
Thanks
Appointment for....?

If you mean biometrics, USCIS will send you a biometrics appointment letter.

After you get your biometrics done, if you still don't receive your EAD within 90 days of either of the dates on the NOA, make an Infopass appointment to inquire in person....but don't expect a temp EAD to result from it. Think of it as a way of making sure your EAD is in the works.

Rene