Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Electrician wanting to move to USA + any loopholes?

Electrician wanting to move to USA + any loopholes?

Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having baby in America

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Oh dear god... no, he doesn't. Why? Because even if she gave birth in the US they can't take advantage of it for another 21 years! And, on its own, giving birth in the US is perfectly legal.

True... but that's an airline issue, not an immigration issue.

Personally, I don't care if he risks his own health, his wife's, or the baby's... but I do draw the line at breaking immigration rules and definitely don't recommend that as a strategy!

Ian

Hi Ian,

Giving birth is legal, going over there with the intent to use the birth to get an immigration benefit (i.e. becoming American) on the VWP is definitely illegal, which from their previous threads in the US forum, the OP seems to be quite keen to do, finding 'loopholes' etc.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You sound like a nice guy... but, given your previous posts, you also sound pretty desperate. When you're desperate, you use very poor judgement and make very poor decisions.

So, my advice: don't be an idiot!

Ian
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonboy5
What would happen if my pregnant wife were to give birth in America would the baby be American...
Yes.

...and would that mean me and my wife would become American citizens?
No.

First of all, since you're only allowed to stay in the USA up to 90 days on the VWP, if she WANTED to purposely give birth in the USA, she'd have to fly to the USA during the last trimester of pregnancy...which is something I believe is frowned upon in the medical field, and some airlines might not even let her fly.

But if you DO manage to have a baby who is a USC, that baby can petition you and your wife for an Immigrant Visa when the baby reaches 21 years of age and lives in the USA.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:36 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Don't even consider it. The term 'anchor baby' has no basis in reality - unless moving in 22 years is really your best option.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Jonboy5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not trying to just have a try at living in America, one of my previous work colleagues has his own successful electrical firm over there, and wants me to help run it for him, me and my wife want to start a family over there and willing to give back to America and not just take! It's a better way of life than in the uk, fed up with everything the uk has to offer and would just love a chance! We have some money but more like £20,000 not £100,000 or more that is being asked for
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:50 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Then you don't have a route to live and work in the US, and I suggest you move on.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that from what you've said, you might as well forget the US, but Canada maybe? Much easier for a skilled trade to get in to than the US.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Not trying to just have a try at living in America, one of my previous work colleagues has his own successful electrical firm over there, and wants me to help run it for him, me and my wife want to start a family over there and willing to give back to America and not just take! It's a better way of life than in the uk, fed up with everything the uk has to offer and would just love a chance! We have some money but more like £20,000 not £100,000 or more that is being asked for
Since you've come back around to the same topic in this thread, I've merged it with the existing one you already created, as I feel the "giving birth in America" is one loophole you are exploring.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician wanting to move to USA + any loopholes?

The whole premise of your questions regarding "finding loopholes" goes against the rules of this site.

I suggest a mod should close this thread and you should think very carefully about the next question you ask here.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
The whole premise of your questions regarding "finding loopholes" goes against the rules of this site.

I suggest a mod should close this thread and you should think very carefully about the next question you ask here.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Jonboy5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Legal loopholes I'm looking for!
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:11 pm
Often not so civil...

Well there aren't any. Or we'd all be using them.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:11 pm

There aren't any. Tell your friend in the USA to consult with an immigration attorney regarding what options are available for him to hire you on a work visa, and go from there. That is the best you can do with what you've got.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:13 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

We are all people who have been through the process ourselves. We are not unsympathetic to your desires to come to the US. I myself am the daughter of an immigrant with skills similar to your own. We are not the government and have no particular interest in keeping you out. Trust me, if any of us knew a legal and safe way for you to proceed, we would tell you.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Well there aren't any. Or we'd all be using them.
Get a divorce, then marry an American. BTW you have approximately twice as many possibilities as you had at the start of the year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.