Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD Interview St Patrick's Day, Dallas

EAD Interview St Patrick's Day, Dallas

Old Mar 10th 2003, 3:37 am
ScarlettHill

Default EAD Interview St Patrick's Day, Dallas

Do people usually get EAD interviews? I got this letter Saturday:

Please come to this office N. Stemmons Freeway etc etc, date, time. Ask for Immigration Information Officer.

Reason for appointment: Application for Employment Authorisation ONLY!!

(the caps and exclamations are actually in the letter)

Bring ID, receipts etc

PLEASE REMOVE ALL EARRINGS.

Really! It says that! Anyone else had one of these interviews and can tell me what to expect??

Cheers me dears
-=-
Scarlett

Old Mar 10th 2003, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD Interview St Patrick's Day, Dallas

Originally posted by ScarlettHill

Please come to this office N. Stemmons Freeway etc etc, date, time. Ask for Immigration Information Officer.

Bring ID, receipts etc

Really! It says that! Anyone else had one of these interviews and can tell me what to expect??

Cheers me dears
-=-
Scarlett
My letter was more plain (no !!) but same content. This is definitely not an interview of any sort. They will just take your picture and take a fingerprint (just one finger to put on the card). Then, after 10 mins or so, you are called to get your laminated card that looks barely more official than a Blockbuster card (except that the laminated plastic has some official inprints in it). I am wondering if with the change the EADs will be different, like a different logo Anyway, it is piece of cake. Nothing to get nervous about.

Caroline
Old Mar 10th 2003, 3:59 am
ScarlettHill

Brilliant news. Thanks, Caroline. So when I get it I can go apply for SSN straight away? Anyone know the best place to do this in Dallas and how long it is likely to take. I had a job offer before I arived in the country and have a thankfully patient future employer but I'd like to give them an idea how much longer they'll have to wait...

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Mar 10th 2003, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant news. Thanks, Caroline. So when I get it I can go apply for SSN straight away? Anyone know the best place to do this in Dallas and how long it is likely to take. I had a job offer before I arived in the country and have a thankfully patient future employer but I'd like to give them an idea how much longer they'll have to wait...

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
I can not answer you about the SS number. I got mine when I arrived on my student visa in 1998. I remember it as fairly painless as the university's international center took care of most of it. I read in other posts that you can go straight from the INS to the SSA to request your number, but that they usually do not have you in their computer yet, so they have to send a check to the INS who has to reply. I am wondering if it might help to wait a couple days before applying for the SS number (maybe you woud be in the database at that point and would avoid leaving your SSnumber to the goodwill of the INS and SSA!!!). Another option, mentioned by Kate Suiter (see reply to post from Going*****ingInsane from Friday I think), was to have the INS fill out the papers for the SSA. What you might do, is save you a trip to the INS and take them when you apply for your EAD, maybe they would be willing to be accomodating for once... It doesn't really hurt to try...

Good luck!
Caroline
Old Mar 10th 2003, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Bring ID, receipts etc

Hi Scarlett,

Could you list your timeline.. I know that you're in Dallas and I'm in SF bay area, but would just like to know what people's timelines are. Thanks in advance

Kat
Cheers me dears
-=-
Scarlett
Old Mar 10th 2003, 4:05 pm
Frantisek Trenkler

Hello
could you tell more about your case ?
I read your post about your fingerprint appoitment in Dallas.
I also filed for AOS in Dallas. I got a receipt dated december 3rd. Then on
Jan 13 I got letter with fingerprints appoitment date. I got my fingerprints
taken on feb 19 (at INS center at Northwest highway). Now I am anxiously
waiting for me EAD.
thanks
gulo

> Do people usually get EAD interviews? I got this letter Saturday:
    >
    > Please come to this office N. Stemmons Freeway etc etc, date, time. Ask
    > for Immigration Information Officer.
    >
    > Reason for appointment: Application for Employment Authorisation ONLY!!
    >
    > (the caps and exclamations are actually in the letter)
    >
    > Bring ID, receipts etc
    >
    > PLEASE REMOVE ALL EARRINGS.
    >
    > ..
    >
    > Really! It says that! Anyone else had one of these interviews and can
    > tell me what to expect??

Old Mar 10th 2003, 5:07 pm
ScarlettHill

Frantisek Trenkler:

Hello
could you tell more about your case ?
I read your post about your fingerprint appoitment in Dallas.
I also filed for AOS in Dallas. I got a receipt dated december 3rd. Then on
Jan 13 I got letter with fingerprints appoitment date. I got my fingerprints
taken on feb 19 (at INS center at Northwest highway). Now I am anxiously
waiting for me EAD.
thanks
gulo
katnap8:

Hi Scarlett,

Could you list your timeline.. I know that you're in Dallas and I'm in SF bay area, but would just like to know what people's timelines are. Thanks in advance

Kat

HI!

Sure. I've added a detailed timeline to my signature but will also post it in a new thread because I don't think usenet posters can see expats site signatures.

Cheers
-=-
Scarlett

Last edited by ScarlettHill; Mar 10th 2003 at 5:26 pm.

Old Mar 10th 2003, 5:20 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

HI!

Sure. I've added a detailed timeline to my signature but will also post it in a new thread because I don't think usenet posters can see expats site signatures.

Cheers
-=-
Scarlett
Scarlett,

May we see those wedding pictures yet please??

Debbie
Old Mar 10th 2003, 6:37 pm
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by dbark
Scarlett,

May we see those wedding pictures yet please??

Debbie
Howzis??

Afraid I have very few on computer as yet - keep meaning to get around to putting some on disc so I can put them on the web but you know how it is...

This is one of the few (see left) from the wedding day that shrinks small enough to use as an avatar and still makes sense at that size

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

NB: USENET posters will just have to imagine an extremely handsome couple - naked of course!

Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:36 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Howzis??

Afraid I have very few on computer as yet - keep meaning to get around to putting some on disc so I can put them on the web but you know how it is...

This is one of the few (see left) from the wedding day that shrinks small enough to use as an avatar and still makes sense at that size

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

NB: USENET posters will just have to imagine an extremely handsome couple - naked of course!
LOL! And it is a lovely picture, congrats to both of you!

Debbie

PS Scarlett did you get my email last week?
Old Mar 11th 2003, 12:31 pm
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by dbark
LOL! And it is a lovely picture, congrats to both of you!

Debbie

PS Scarlett did you get my email last week?
Yes, I replied ages ago! Just checked - the 7th. I've just forwarded the whole thing to you again - at the hotmail address, which is where you wrote from. Let me know if you don't get it again and I'll paste it into a private message.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Mar 11th 2003, 1:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Why not try looking on the Social Security Experience link for the newsgroup.

http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/faq_index.htm

Rete
Old Mar 11th 2003, 1:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Scarlett

I don't see your ASO filing experience listed on the NG experience pages. At least there is nothing there from a Scarlett filing in Dallas.

I know that you have it on your signature line for the BE site but there is an official site for listing of filing experiences for AOS for K-1's and I-130's and for social security experiences, etc.

May I ask that if you have the time in your busy day, that perhaps you might want to complete the form and have your filing experienced listed for others to see when you and your signature line are no longer a part of the NG.

Thanks

Rete

http://www.kamya.com/aos/
Old Mar 11th 2003, 4:16 pm
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by Rete
Scarlett

I don't see your ASO filing experience listed on the NG experience pages. At least there is nothing there from a Scarlett filing in Dallas.

I know that you have it on your signature line for the BE site but there is an official site for listing of filing experiences for AOS for K-1's and I-130's and for social security experiences, etc.

May I ask that if you have the time in your busy day, that perhaps you might want to complete the form and have your filing experienced listed for others to see when you and your signature line are no longer a part of the NG.

Thanks

Rete

http://www.kamya.com/aos/
Hiya Rete,

Funnily enough, I was looking through the various sites yesterday to make sure I'd added stuff. I found the aos site not a great help as for Dallas as there didn't seem to be much in the way of end-to-end experiences or much that was recent and was thinking of nagging about it myself! LOL

The reason I've held off so far is I'm expecting/hoping for an interview letter in the next few weeks as my mate Cleo Romane, from Canada, who filed for K1 adjustment about a month before me, has her interview in a couple of weeks. Our fingerprint appointments were about on a par timewise. Hope springs eternal....

So anyway, my thinking is next week I have EAD interview and hopefully by a week or so after I might have an interview letter, which would mean I'd be able to give a fuller account on the page as I've found on other pages that trying to update material is next to impossible.

The recent (ish) stuff I looked at yesterday for Dallas was filled in before an interview and not updated and left me feeling a bit blank - had they heard nothing since or just not updated?? - which is why I wanted to wait and put in a fuller account.

I won't wait long though because your point is well taken. I promise not to leave the NG in the next few weeks and if I haven't heard anything re AOS by then I'll put in what I have.

Does that sound OK?

Re your posts on updating experiences I was wondering the other day whether you could get a message locked at the top of the site, like the posting guidelines. But then I thought people might get used to seeing it and ignore it and also Usenet posters wouldn't see it so ended up realising I needed to mind my own business LOL.

You do a great job, Rete. Thanks for being here.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Last edited by ScarlettHill; Mar 11th 2003 at 4:18 pm.

Old Mar 11th 2003, 4:22 pm
ScarlettHill

LOLOLOL

Just saw you're top posting the experiences thing as well as doing reminders. Even better!

-=-
Blind-as-a...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.