EAD help.

Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:01 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD help.

i believe i read that EAD applications submitted by snail mail can avoid biometrics and that applications submitted electronically do require biometrics.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

lonestargirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MsElui
i believe i read that EAD applications submitted by snail mail can avoid biometrics and that applications submitted electronically do require biometrics.
I did submit mine by mail, didn't seem much point in doing in online since I had to send supporting documentation.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

MrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MsElui
I have heard the same so I have requested that our lawyer submit it by mail although they did tell me that I would have to have them either way (which I am trying to avoid as I plan on going back to the UK whilst I wait for it to come through).

I did forward them a link to the forum as I think they were giving me a standard legal answer to my question and he did come back to his credit and said it was useful to know that some people were not required to complete biometrics when filed by post
Old Jul 7th 2010, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

stewartsjh21 is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife just her EAD yesterday and did not have to get the biometrics done.
My companies lawyer prepared all the documents and sent them off on June 2nd, so only had to wait 5 weeks.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stewartsjh21
My wife just her EAD yesterday and did not have to get the biometrics done.
My companies lawyer prepared all the documents and sent them off on June 2nd, so only had to wait 5 weeks.
Wow, that was quick. I had email notification of receipt on June 2nd, and am still waiting. I need to call them tomorrow though as I haven't received the snail-mail receipt for some reason.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by taffie77
Wow, that was quick. I had email notification of receipt on June 2nd, and am still waiting. I need to call them tomorrow though as I haven't received the snail-mail receipt for some reason.
Hmm... I'd chase that up, have they taken payment from your account? I posted mine June 24th and my snail-mail receipt was received July 2nd and dated June 29th. Hopefully it won't take the full 90 days to get here as I'm supposed to be starting graduate school (with a stipend) on Aug 23rd - we only got our status renewal documents at the last moment.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lonestargirl
Hmm... I'd chase that up, have they taken payment from your account? I posted mine June 24th and my snail-mail receipt was received July 2nd and dated June 29th. Hopefully it won't take the full 90 days to get here as I'm supposed to be starting graduate school (with a stipend) on Aug 23rd - we only got our status renewal documents at the last moment.
They are moving pretty fast these days. My wife got her EAD about a week after she got the Green Card!
Old Jul 14th 2010, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

The payment went out of the account around the same time as I got the e-mail receipt. I just called USCIS, and they didn't seem to worried that I hadn't received the mail receipt, and he confirmed that it had not been returned to them. I was concerned that the snail mail version may have some extra important information, but apparently not. The important bit is the LIN receipt number, which I was given in my email notification.
He also told me the application was about 1/3 of the way through. Which probably means they intend on using the full 90 days!
We also moved home this weekend, so I gave them the new address, and am hoping it doesn't complicate things.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

The payment went out of the account around the same time as I got the e-mail receipt. I just called USCIS, and they didn't seem to worried that I hadn't received the mail receipt, and he confirmed that it had not been returned to them. I was concerned that the snail mail version may have some extra important information, but apparently not. The important bit is the LIN receipt number, which I was given in my email notification.
He also told me the application was about 1/3 of the way through. Which probably means they intend on using the full 90 days!
We also moved home this weekend, so I gave them the new address, and am hoping it doesn't complicate things.
Nooo.. I really hope mine doesn't take the full 90 days. I'm supposed to start grauate school on Aug 23rd. Can I ask what service centre you sent yours to?
Old Jul 14th 2010, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Nooo.. I really hope mine doesn't take the full 90 days.
Just be thankful you are not applying 5-7 years ago!
Old Jul 14th 2010, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nooo.. I really hope mine doesn't take the full 90 days. I'm supposed to start grauate school on Aug 23rd. Can I ask what service centre you sent yours to?
It was the Phoenix lockbox, and it has been sent on to Nebraska for processing.
I'm guessing yours went to the Dallas lockbox?

ETA - I didn't think you needed the EAD to study?
Old Jul 14th 2010, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

It was the Phoenix lockbox, and it has been sent on to Nebraska for processing.
I'm guessing yours went to the Dallas lockbox?
Yes mine went to the Dallas lockbox and I got a receipt from the Texas Service Centre dated June 29th. My current EAD has expired but I got it in 6 weeks from TSC last time.

ETA - I didn't think you needed the EAD to study?
Correct, I don't need an EAD to study. However I'm going into a 5-year PhD program and all students are employed as part-time teaching assistants with a stipend of $26k a year. In fact it's policy in my uni that unfunded students are not allowed. I've been trying to figure out if I can adjust to F1 but I'm not sure if I can since my J2 has a 2-year HRR. It would make life easier that stressing about the arrival of my EAD every summer (my husband is a surgery resident and they were slow about renewing our status this year, I think I'll be pressuring them to do it in Jan next year).
Old Jul 14th 2010, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Correct, I don't need an EAD to study. However I'm going into a 5-year PhD program and all students are employed as part-time teaching assistants with a stipend of $26k a year. In fact it's policy in my uni that unfunded students are not allowed. I've been trying to figure out if I can adjust to F1 but I'm not sure if I can since my J2 has a 2-year HRR. It would make life easier that stressing about the arrival of my EAD every summer (my husband is a surgery resident and they were slow about renewing our status this year, I think I'll be pressuring them to do it in Jan next year).
Ah, I see. Good luck with PhD! What are you studying?
I'd like to do some further studying but don't think I could face another 5 years
Old Jul 14th 2010, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Ah, I see. Good luck with PhD! What are you studying?
I'd like to do some further studying but don't think I could face another 5 years
Medical Physics @ University of Texas MD Anderson - can't wait to start as it's an awesome program.

I know, 5-years is a big commitment but that's how long my husband has left on his program too so I know I'll be going back home with something great to show for my time in the US. I'm also expecting our first baby in January and a PhD is somewhat more flexible than a regular job - although most of my stipend will go on childcare!!