EAD, is it always like that

Old Apr 25th 2002, 6:10 am
Zik

Default EAD, is it always like that

reading the current posts of people, and more specifically 2 recent experiences in
NYC, the 1 year EAD seemed to be taken a long time. my question is it
similarthroughout the nation. Even before Sept 11, NYC 1 year EAD were taking a long
time, while in other places like Albany, NY, were you can walk in and submit your
application, EAD were given the same day. and even one couple had a recent
experience, Novenber or December 2001, in Buffalo NY, the Foreign spouse got her EAD
on the same day.

my thoughts are that because NYC has a lot of applications, this could be causing the
delays, while at other centers where the number of applications is much smaller it
does not take that long,,,, i mean i don't understand what is the relationship
between the scrutiny on INS or the security issue and issuing an EAD to someone who
is adjusting status ???? as such background check is already being done while
processing the I 129 F, and also at the consulate later.

Any thoughts on that.. thanks

Zik

Old Apr 25th 2002, 10:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD, is it always like that

NYC has always been this way. It has nothing to do with heigthened security. In 1998, 1999, the one year EAD took 65 to 67 days to be issued from the date of filing.

The differences between Buffalo, Albany and NYC is that only in NYC can one NOT walk in the petitions/applications for filing and the number of people filing are far higher.

It is frustrating and unfair. All users of NYC INS feel annoyance at the handling of immigration applications/petitions. Personally, I know that I have and do. For instance, Deb of Deb and John filed in Albany after their wedding in May, 1998. We filed in September of 1998. Deb will have her examination for naturalization today and my husband has to wait until 2003 just to apply. Years of difference in the same state with only a three month difference in initial filing dates for AOS.

But that is life in a metropolitan city. NYC is not alone in its slowness in processing. It shares this distinction with other cities countrywide.

My advice to anyone using NYC is either move or come to the US prepared to be without the privilege of working for several months. Save your money and dig in for the long haul. Once your applications are in and you are in the processing line, things will start to move along.

Rita
Old Apr 25th 2002, 7:10 pm
Zik

Rete <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > NYC has always been this way. It has nothing to do with heigthened security.
    > In 1998, 1999, the one year EAD took 65 to 67 days to be issued from the date
    > of filing.
    >
    > The differences between Buffalo, Albany and NYC is that only in NYC can one NOT
    > walk in the petitions/applications for filing and the number of people filing are
    > far higher.
    >
    > It is frustrating and unfair. All users of NYC INS feel annoyance at the handling
    > of immigration applications/petitions. Personally, I know that I have and do. For
    > instance, Deb of Deb and John filed in Albany after their wedding in May, 1998. We
    > filed in September of 1998. Deb will have her examination for naturalization today
    > and my husband has to wait until 2003 just to apply. Years of difference in the
    > same state with only a three month difference in initial filing dates for AOS.
    >
    > But that is life in a metropolitan city. NYC is not alone in its slowness in
    > processing. It shares this distinction with other cities countrywide.
    >
    > My advice to anyone using NYC is either move or come to the US prepared to be
    > without the privilege of working for several months. Save your money and dig in for
    > the long haul. Once your applications are in and you are in the processing line,
    > things will start to move along.
    >
    > Rita

Thanks Rita for the detailed information, i read your other posts about this
subject. If everything goes alright with the K1 process i will be going through
Albany office, so i was wondering if things are still the same there, or it's
becoming a huge pain like NYC.

thanks

Zik

Old Apr 25th 2002, 8:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No one of recent posting has used Albany for AOS. Deb of John and Deb used the Albany office for naturalization today. I don't believe anything has changed for the Albany and/or Buffalo offices. Nothing has changed in NYC. Albany is quick and you can file in person which helps tremendously.

Rete
Old Apr 29th 2002, 12:10 am
Vitali Korobov

I suppose you cannot file in Albany, if you live in NYC?

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > No one of recent posting has used Albany for AOS. Deb of John and Deb used the
    > Albany office for naturalization today. I don't believe anything has changed for
    > the Albany and/or Buffalo offices. Nothing has changed in NYC. Albany is quick and
    > you can file in person which helps tremendously.
    >
    > Rete
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 29th 2002, 11:40 am
Zik

"Vitali Korobov" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<TQ%[email protected] >...
    > I suppose you cannot file in Albany, if you live in NYC?
    >

unfortunately no, because Albany office covers the following counties only: Albany,
Broome, Chenango, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene,
Hamilton, Herkimer, Madison, Montgomery, Oneida, Otsego, Rensselaer, Saint Lawrence,
Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Tioga, Warren, and Washington.

Old Apr 29th 2002, 3:10 pm
Vitali Korobov

Thanks, I was afraid of that.

"zik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > "Vitali Korobov" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<TQ%[email protected] >...
    > > I suppose you cannot file in Albany, if you live in NYC?
    > >
    >
    > unfortunately no, because Albany office covers the following counties only: Albany,
    > Broome, Chenango, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene,
    > Hamilton, Herkimer, Madison, Montgomery, Oneida, Otsego, Rensselaer, Saint
    > Lawrence, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Tioga, Warren, and Washington.

Old Apr 29th 2002, 4:09 pm
Concierge

in Westchester County, New York is that White Plains, NY voted down three years ago the proposal for the erection of a building to house a new INS office which would govern the Westchester, Rockland and Dutchess Counties. It would have taken some of the strain off of NYC INS. However, the governing fathers of WP, felt that such an office would bring more immigrants into the area and thereby lower the value of property as most new immigrants in this area are have little income (remember most of them are day workers and/or agricultural workers) and additional traffic would further congest an already overburdened road system.

For myself, don't understand why it has to be White Plains (although it is the county seat) when there are many more suitable Westchester city locations where an INS office could be built, Peekskill, Poughkeepsie, Croton, Ossining, etc.