E3 with 221(g)

Old May 23rd 2008, 6:21 am
Just Joined

abi1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E3 with 221(g)

Originally Posted by klebe82
From what I know, 'further admin processing' could be for anything from name check to your company's background check. I don't want to speculate but I believe these applications goes to Washington, DC for processing. Homer's went on 221(g) with Further Admin Processing.

If they say, a week its usually a working week. Seven working days. Generally its 14 working days for 221(g) responses and I received mine on 17th working day.

Good luck.

Thanks for the Wishes Klebe. I dont know if i am really fortunate but i received my E-3 Visa Stamp this morning by courier.As i told you, my Passport was still with the Consulate.

My time line
Interview: May 15th
Form 221(g): May 15th
Visa stamp: May 23rd

Thanks all and all the best for your Future. Im off to Virginia
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:58 am
Just Joined

david1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

homer can you email your mobile or contact details to me at email edited

Last edited by meauxna; Jun 30th 2008 at 4:09 pm. Reason: please don't post email addresses; there's a PM and email button function here.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 7:36 am
Just Joined

david1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Homer have u heard anything yet from the Consulate
Cheers
David
Old Aug 4th 2008, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

homer4all is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by david1234
Homer have u heard anything yet from the Consulate
Cheers
David
My h1 is still pending and also my E3 got rejected today morning.
Very unfortunate, all details posted on E3 thread.

Regards,
Homer
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

Any ideas on how to find out pending 221(g) and whether case is still pending or canceled from consulate.

Cheers,
Homer
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homer4all
Hi Guys,

Any ideas on how to find out pending 221(g) and whether case is still pending or canceled from consulate.

Cheers,
Homer
This thread has a lot of good info on typical 221g 'security checks'
http://www.familybasedimmigration.co...ead.php?t=2053

Note that the thread is mostly talking about immigrant visas to the US, but the same principles apply. There is also a phone number posted there for DOS in the US, where you may be able to get some information. But if you read the thread, you will see that there is basically nothing you can do but wait.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

My E3 got refused and H1b - 221(g) - case status changed

My H1b sponsor arranged this new E3 sponsor and used same attorney to prepare my E3 file.

Initially at interview VO took at my DS-156-157 and LCA and without even looking at any other docs immediately after few questions VO told he can't issue me a visa.

Most surprisingly part of the whole interview thing was on Monday morning Sydney US consulate was very quite and empty. My whole process took less then 30 minutes.

Visa Interview:

VO: Which co. you will be working for?
ME: co. name

VO: How you find this job?
ME: Dice.com

VO: Why your H1b is still pending?
ME: Explained no idea and my employer is ready to provide all docs.

VO: When you receive AUS citizenship?
ME: Nov 2007

After this VO told me Sorry I cannot issue a visa.
VO: Recently only you have acquired AUS citizenship and need to prove more strong ties.
VO didn't even look at my ties papers but ask me to wait for couple of years to prove strong ties.
Also told me you trying very hard.

I said "YES, I am getting very good opportunities and would like to go for it."

I again insisted VO to look for all papers because I was very well prepared with all co.'s tax and wage report with the support letter from attorney and co.

My current status:

1. E3 refused on the basis of pending H1b and recently acquired AUS citizenship. No stamp on passport. Acquired AUS citizenship from Indian.

2. H1b (221-g: interview on 11DEC2007) - 12th Aug 2008 my case status changed on USCIS as below:

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On August 12, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register

Question:

1. Does anybody know what's next after this H1b case status change?

Thanks,
Homer
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homer4all
Hi Guys,

My E3 got refused and H1b - 221(g) - case status changed

My H1b sponsor arranged this new E3 sponsor and used same attorney to prepare my E3 file.

Initially at interview VO took at my DS-156-157 and LCA and without even looking at any other docs immediately after few questions VO told he can't issue me a visa.

Most surprisingly part of the whole interview thing was on Monday morning Sydney US consulate was very quite and empty. My whole process took less then 30 minutes.

Visa Interview:

VO: Which co. you will be working for?
ME: co. name

VO: How you find this job?
ME: Dice.com

VO: Why your H1b is still pending?
ME: Explained no idea and my employer is ready to provide all docs.

VO: When you receive AUS citizenship?
ME: Nov 2007

After this VO told me Sorry I cannot issue a visa.
VO: Recently only you have acquired AUS citizenship and need to prove more strong ties.
VO didn't even look at my ties papers but ask me to wait for couple of years to prove strong ties.
Also told me you trying very hard.

I said "YES, I am getting very good opportunities and would like to go for it."

I again insisted VO to look for all papers because I was very well prepared with all co.'s tax and wage report with the support letter from attorney and co.

My current status:

1. E3 refused on the basis of pending H1b and recently acquired AUS citizenship. No stamp on passport. Acquired AUS citizenship from Indian.

2. H1b (221-g: interview on 11DEC2007) - 12th Aug 2008 my case status changed on USCIS as below:

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On August 12, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register

Question:

1. Does anybody know what's next after this H1b case status change?

Thanks,
Homer
No where I have read that one needs be an AU citizen for a specific time to be able to get E-3.

H1B is dual intent and E-3 is not. Complicate that fact taht you dont have strong ties - might be the reason for refusal ....

Sorry to hear all the trouble tho - hope all goes well...
Old Aug 28th 2008, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

rohan2381 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys,
I had my E3 visa interview at Perth consulate today..The guy across the counter was surprisingly polite..So that was my first shock..The second shock came about in another 10 minutes when he handed over 221g to me saying the following:
"You can understand my position. I just cannot make a decision right now as i need to verify the company you are going to work for"..He did look a bit confused though
I had given him all the possible documents related to this company including photos, IT papers, company brochure, letter from employer, etc and he looked convinced..
He did retain my passport and told me that if i don't hear from them in the next 2 weeks then please contact us, after me asking him about the turn around time for the same..
He did not ask for any extra documents and the 221 g form merely states the golden words "administrative processing".
I am playing the waiting game now...
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:09 am
Just Joined

UmbrellaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

I went for my E-3 visa interview on 29th August. The visa interview didnt seemed to take too long. The Visa Officer (seemed polite/ empathetic) asked me a few questions about the company i was going to in the US and what projects i will be working in. I have been to the USA a few years ago on a B1 visa. The VO had a detailed discussion with another VO and said he cant issue the visa that day, that he wasnt satisfied with the legitimacy of the company and asked for financial documents of last 2 years (by mentioning it in a 221g form). He also said that he could hold onto the passports (of me and my partner) and can process the visa once they get the asked documents.

Now, the employer is sending me their tax returns papers, while im wondering...
- What are my chances if I applied with these documents and get the E-3 visa stamped. Or should I look for a another employer and apply again.

- What difference it would make if i didnt want to submit these documents and inform the consulate that im withdrawing my application (not sure if thats the right way to put it) and get my passports back, than sending the these documents and get the visa rejected?

Any information will be much helpful. thanks.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UmbrellaMan
Hey everyone,

I went for my E-3 visa interview on 29th August. The visa interview didnt seemed to take too long. The Visa Officer (seemed polite/ empathetic) asked me a few questions about the company i was going to in the US and what projects i will be working in. I have been to the USA a few years ago on a B1 visa. The VO had a detailed discussion with another VO and said he cant issue the visa that day, that he wasnt satisfied with the legitimacy of the company and asked for financial documents of last 2 years (by mentioning it in a 221g form). He also said that he could hold onto the passports (of me and my partner) and can process the visa once they get the asked documents.

- What are my chances if I applied with these documents and get the E-3 visa stamped. Or should I look for a another employer and apply again.

- What difference it would make if i didnt want to submit these documents and inform the consulate that im withdrawing my application (not sure if thats the right way to put it) and get my passports back, than sending the these documents and get the visa rejected?

I would provide the deparment with whatever they want. That's the
only way of getting the visa right ?

And why would you want to pull the application back ? If you are not
doing anything that you know you should not be - then don't worry...

??
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Wakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by E3only
No where I have read that one needs be an AU citizen for a specific time to be able to get E-3.

H1B is dual intent and E-3 is not. Complicate that fact taht you dont have strong ties - might be the reason for refusal ....

Sorry to hear all the trouble tho - hope all goes well...
May be they started applying Wait time after obtaining Australian Citizenship..

I had a job offer in Sep 2005 and my citizenship cermony was in Nov 05.. my company waited so that they can apply for E3. and in Dec i got my passport as well.. my company prepared my file and sent it to me in Jan 06. then i went for interview for E3 in Feb and got my visa without any issue.. there was no mention of being new citizen..

Also even E3 is not dual intent, one can get employer based GC.. and i got my GC 6 months back while being on E3..

Wakkas
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UmbrellaMan
Hey everyone,

That he kept your passports is a good sign. It could be a simple thing of a final name check they need to run before releasing the visa.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:41 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

More likely there is massive fraud going on ...
and they are triple checking everything...

Are Australian born citizen having this problem..
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Did anybody received any new updates on their pending E3 with 221(g) case? David, UmbrellaMan ??

My case is also under 221(g) but it's H1b case and pending since Dec'07.

Recently case status change and it says below:

On August 12, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you

Guys any idea what will happen next?

This change happened on August 12 and still wait game is going on and on..

Cheers,
Homer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.