E3 with 221(g)

Old Mar 12th 2008, 5:10 am
Just Joined

klebe82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E3 with 221(g)

Hi,

I applied for my E-3 VISA today and was asked to provide more information about my employer in US. I was given a list of things they are expecting from my employer like tax papers, my project details, etc.

Its fair enough as the company I work for is a start up. My question is:

- Has anyone got 221(g) on E-3 VISA and got their VISA after supplying additional documents?
- If so, how long did you have to wait before getting E-3?
- If not, how long you have been waiting for?

- Since 221(g) wait times are discouraging, can I take my E-3 application back and apply for it again when I get additional documents ready?

- I'm planning to travel to US next month [221(g) hold is not stamped on my VISA]. Will it be wise to do so and to apply from Canada as a new application?

Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E3 with 221(g)

I don't know of anyone else with that problem. Have you previously had problems applying to US visas? I can't see why it would help you to apply from Canada for another E3, they'll still have your same details. I certainly didn't have to provide that kind of info, but my employer is a huge, well-established company.

Did you provide the info required?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by augigi
I don't know of anyone else with that problem. Have you previously had problems applying to US visas? I can't see why it would help you to apply from Canada for another E3, they'll still have your same details. I certainly didn't have to provide that kind of info, but my employer is a huge, well-established company.

Did you provide the info required?
No - I'm yet to provide them the info but I'm being discouraged about wait on 221(g). Someone had 7 months wait on their VISA after getting a 221(g) on E-3.

I'm contemplating whether withdrawing an application, get all additional info and apply for a new VISA would help speed up the process.

Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klebe82
Someone had 7 months wait on their VISA after getting a 221(g) on E-3.
Unless "someone" was in the exact same circumstances as you... and I mean *exact*... then what happened to them bears no reality to what will happen to you. Further, even if the circumstances were *exact*... it still doesn't bear any reality to your case.

Ian
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

homer4all is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I applied for my E-3 VISA today and was asked to provide more information about my employer in US. I was given a list of things they are expecting from my employer like tax papers, my project details, etc.

Its fair enough as the company I work for is a start up. My question is:

- Has anyone got 221(g) on E-3 VISA and got their VISA after supplying additional documents?
- If so, how long did you have to wait before getting E-3?
- If not, how long you have been waiting for?

- Since 221(g) wait times are discouraging, can I take my E-3 application back and apply for it again when I get additional documents ready?

- I'm planning to travel to US next month [221(g) hold is not stamped on my VISA]. Will it be wise to do so and to apply from Canada as a new application?

Thanks
Hi,

221(g) could be for many reasons.

And recently US consulate started giving 221(g) reasons for many E3 candidates.

I have also received 221(g) 3 months back but my case was of H1b. Still it's under administrative processing and Sydney consulate have sent my papers to Washington DC (don't know why).

I could have gone for E3 but before I received my AUS passport all my H1 papers were ready.

VO asked me few questions and then told me he don't believe any such kind of job exist.

So with my previous experience I can guess you received E3 because:
1. You have not provided enough supporting papers
2. Immediately after acquiring AUS passport you have gone for E3
3. Visa Officer (VO) don't believe any such kind of job exist and my employer is consulting firm
4. You have previous problem for US visas
5. Your name might have appear in there hit list
6. Your occupation could be under TAL

I am also about to appear for E3 even if my H1 is under 221(g).
Please provide me the list of documents you have shown for interview.

Will keep you guys updated and also let us know about your case.

Cheers,
Homer

Last edited by homer4all; Mar 14th 2008 at 12:57 am. Reason: Spell check done
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

No - I'm yet to provide them the info but I'm being discouraged about wait on 221(g). Someone had 7 months wait on their VISA after getting a 221(g) on E-3.

I'm contemplating whether withdrawing an application, get all additional info and apply for a new VISA would help speed up the process.

Thanks
I'm with Homer and Ian on this one.. 221(g) means anything, everything and nothing.. you can't compare one to the other.

Were you missing a significant, important part of your paperwork? If you need to get it, how would starting over with a new application help?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
I'm with Homer and Ian on this one.. 221(g) means anything, everything and nothing.. you can't compare one to the other.

Were you missing a significant, important part of your paperwork? If you need to get it, how would starting over with a new application help?
I got it - My employer have a headoffice in VA and a branch in WA. I gave the employer reference to VA but when they started asking about contact details in 156 and 157, i referred to my WA office.

VO officer thought for a small company we couldn't have two offices and stuff. He just googled and said the website is not up to IT company standards and most of the reference about my employer are in job post. I don't know - he just thought that company is not big enough or something like that.

But my company is sending their contract details with Boeing and other clients tomorrow as per 221(g) document requirement and I'm hoping for God speed on the process. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by homer4all
Hi,

I am also about to appear for E3 even if my H1 is under 221(g).
Please provide me the list of documents you have shown for interview.

Will keep you guys updated and also let us know about your case.

Cheers,
Homer
I guess you got letter of offer, LCA and usual. Its better if you go with a project brief, where you will be working and your role.

Also of help is to have brochure or marketing fluff from your employer, address of your work place if its not your office . I guess thats about it. Take your interview related emails if you them either in Aus or in USA.

If your employer is a start-up or small consultancy clients info and project description will help. I think this should be enough.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi klebe82,

Any updates for your E3 - 221(g) case?

I thought they will respond immediately for E3 cases.

cheers,
Homer
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by homer4all
Hi klebe82,

Any updates for your E3 - 221(g) case?
I haven't submitted the required documents yet. It will be shipped from US tomorrow and I'm expecting it on Thursday in Consulate.

Since its public holiday I guess they will start over it from Tuesday next week.

Not sure about immediate action on E3 but if that's the case I'm a happy man
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

I haven't submitted the required documents yet. It will be shipped from US tomorrow and I'm expecting it on Thursday in Consulate.
Could you please provide list of documents consulate ask you to submit.

And also questions asked by VO during your interview.

cheers,
Homer
Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:52 am
Just Joined

david1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Klebe
I am in the same situation as yours.They asked me to provide a list of documents including list of all candidates that employer has petitioned,Tax returns,w2 forms etc..
The employer is still preparing the documents.
Please do post if you hear anything from them.
As far as I know it m ight take anything from 2 weeks to 6 months...
By the way are u brown skin?If yes you should have expected it before..
Cheers
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

If you genuinely think this is related to the color of your skin, I feel sorry for you.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:42 am
Just Joined

I don't think its because of colour of my skin. I can understand my case from their point of view too - a spin off from a company that got bought over by Delloitte, not highly visible, etc.

Yes, I have presented my papers today and all I hope is that they realise its a big contractor for leading aircraft manufacture and that I get my VISA at the earliest.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:04 am
Just Joined

david1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Augigi..Thats what I infer from the postings.I contacted about 7-8 people who were issued 221g especially from Melbourne consulate and the most striking part was all of them were Asians who acquired Australian Citizenship..None of them were caucasians .
It could either be that the bulk of applicants have these sort of background?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.