E2 visa will USA allow me back in

Old Apr 19th 2021, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Shark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default E2 visa will USA allow me back in

Hi can anyone advise I need to travel to Uk may 24 as tenants lease in my property is up and they will be leaving, I plan on returning back to USA first week in July allowing myself time to update Uk property and get new tenants in. I’m on e2 visa my i94 is valid till next year March also but just confused with the daily travel updates, as worried will be denied re entry in return. Thanks In advance.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 visa will USA allow me back in

Don't see why you would not be let in - subject to Covid restrictions of both countries. Just have to keep up to date with the requirements such as negative Covid test, quarantines.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Shark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reply at present states return to USA if been in U.K. is not granted unless full in to certain categories which I’m finding to hard to make sense of. It states just having a visa at present does not guarantee entry to USA at present. Can not apply for special exceptions till in U.K. for a return and if denied will be stuck in U.K. till restrictions are lifted.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Don't see why you would not be let in - subject to Covid restrictions of both countries. Just have to keep up to date with the requirements such as negative Covid test, quarantines.
People on non-immigrant visas can't enter the USA if they have been present in the UK within the past 14 days. The only way around it is to fly to Mexico or another country which isn't subject to the proclamation and spend 14 days there first or try and get a waiver which isn't guaranteed.

Only LPRs and USCs are exempt.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Another interesting thread regarding Covid rules and restrictions and flying between US and UK

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Old Apr 19th 2021, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olly_
People on non-immigrant visas can't enter the USA if they have been present in the UK within the past 14 days. The only way around it is to fly to Mexico or another country which isn't subject to the proclamation and spend 14 days there first or try and get a waiver which isn't guaranteed.

Only LPRs and USCs are exempt.
More than that, without a waiver or other proof of exception the airline wont let you on the flight to the US.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

The "funny" aspect of it all is that you can apply for a National Interest Exception with the UK Embassy only once you're on UK soil. And of course it is not guaranteed that you will receive the waiver. If you do, you shall receive it from about 5 business days from request. I got granted this three times to date between January and March '21. The last time I applied was after they further restricted eligibility. I work in critical infrastructure (IT) and supplied my 2020 W-2 as evidence that I live in the US, and I was granted it on L-1A. My I-140 is approved and I-485 is in progress, and so that may also have played a part (or not).