Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E2 Visa reapplied for but now waiting to hear..

E2 Visa reapplied for but now waiting to hear..

Old Oct 31st 2016, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Visa reapplied for but now waiting to hear..

Originally Posted by Eric S
Judging from the context of the message, maybe the OP meant to say "misunderstanding" instead of "misrepresentation"...?
Yes, that's entirely possible - but the OP never took the opportunity to clarify... so we have only what was written.

Ian
Old Nov 16th 2016, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

piper1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cat,

How did you get on? I am in exactly (or extremely similar) situation as you..

Originally Posted by Cat86
Hey everybody,

So i am trying to get an E2 Visa to go out to the US and work for a brand new company that my brother has setup out there. He and his wife got their treaty investor visa straight away and then my dad also got his E2 visa first time.
Mine was denied as they said I didn't have enough experience or skills- this was due to total misrepresentation and I have reapplied with much more detail about the managerial role I'm going out to do as well as my skill set and experience. All very valid.
However, had the interview today and the lady officer explained that as I have been denied previously she needs to discuss with the original officer that denied it first time round. He wasn't in today so I now have to wait to hear from them on Monday!? (Its Friday today) So annoying!
Im wondering how influential the first officer will be and what the chances are that this will now be granted? Also if anybody else has had this before?
The documents I turned in this time are VERY specific compared to the first lot that was turned in- after re reading what i went with the first time, it did make the role like a simple admin type, and its NOT.
Any advice or experience tales would be appreciated!
Thank you
Old Nov 16th 2016, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by piper1
I am in exactly (or extremely similar) situation as you..
Did you also misrepresent yourself on a visa application? That can't be good.

Ian