Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E2 Visa reapplied for but now waiting to hear..

E2 Visa reapplied for but now waiting to hear..

Old Oct 28th 2016, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Cat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really nice
Question E2 Visa reapplied for but now waiting to hear..

Hey everybody,

So i am trying to get an E2 Visa to go out to the US and work for a brand new company that my brother has setup out there. He and his wife got their treaty investor visa straight away and then my dad also got his E2 visa first time.
Mine was denied as they said I didn't have enough experience or skills- this was due to total misrepresentation and I have reapplied with much more detail about the managerial role I'm going out to do as well as my skill set and experience. All very valid.
However, had the interview today and the lady officer explained that as I have been denied previously she needs to discuss with the original officer that denied it first time round. He wasn't in today so I now have to wait to hear from them on Monday!? (Its Friday today) So annoying!
Im wondering how influential the first officer will be and what the chances are that this will now be granted? Also if anybody else has had this before?
The documents I turned in this time are VERY specific compared to the first lot that was turned in- after re reading what i went with the first time, it did make the role like a simple admin type, and its NOT.
Any advice or experience tales would be appreciated!
Thank you
Old Oct 28th 2016, 3:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Visa reapplied for but now waiting to hear..

It's really impossible to predict. It could go either way.

Rene
Old Oct 28th 2016, 5:25 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

Did the first officer, who denied you, offer encouragement to tweak things and reapply? if so, perhaps good news. If not, then...

You dealt with the first officer. How did you feel that went? Did they seem sympathetic?
Old Oct 28th 2016, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Cat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really niceCat86 is just really nice

Hi,

Thanks for getting back.
He had me at the window for nearly 15mins and disappeared twice and kept asking tonnes of questions so in hindsight- think he was trying to get me to say things that weren't in the documentation.
He never really said anything about tweaks however. Could it maybe be a curtesy thing that they like to check with each other if somebody denied a visa?

Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2016, 6:53 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think that having to check with another Officer (which sounds like checking why they denied the first application) is likely to result in another denial.... hopefully you'll get a positive answer though.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 7:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cat86
Hi,

Thanks for getting back.
He had me at the window for nearly 15mins and disappeared twice and kept asking tonnes of questions so in hindsight- think he was trying to get me to say things that weren't in the documentation.
He never really said anything about tweaks however. Could it maybe be a curtesy thing that they like to check with each other if somebody denied a visa?

Thanks
Could be, but no way of knowing in advance.

Rene
Old Oct 28th 2016, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was denied as they said I didn't have enough experience or skills- this was due to total misrepresentation...
So, you misrepresented yourself and the visa was denied? Wow! Who could have foreseen that?

I have reapplied with much more detail about the managerial role I'm going out to do as well as my skill set and experience. All very valid.
However, had the interview today and the lady officer explained that as I have been denied previously she needs to discuss with the original officer that denied it first time round.
I'm not surprised, considering you misrepresented yourself the first time. She probably wants to verify that you're not misrepresenting yourself this time also.

So annoying!
Perhaps - but it sounds as though this is the direct result of your own actions.

Im wondering how influential the first officer will be and what the chances are that this will now be granted?
There's no way to know. You apparently misrepresented yourself once and they're going to attempt to determine if you're doing it again!

Ian
Old Oct 29th 2016, 12:03 am
Just Joined

Ian,

i was under the impression that these forums were for people to seek advice and confirmation that throughout this process what they were doing was correct.
To be so sarcastic and unhelpful is disrespectful and un-necessary.

I cannot possibly be the first person that has been in this or a similar situation, and has genuine worries and concerns because its all new and unknown. Your comments were in appropriate.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 12:05 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Ian,

i was under the impression that these forums were for people to seek advice and confirmation that throughout this process what they were doing was correct.

I cannot possibly be the first person that has been in this or a similar situation, and has genuine worries and concerns because its all new and unknown. Your comments were in appropriate.
You asked for advice. You didn't like what you received. That isn't really Ians problem now is it? You don't get to determine HOW people respond. What was the reason actually given to you for the previous refusal? That you had made a misrepresentation?

Far from being unhelpful, Ian is pointing out how you messed up the first time - perhaps others will see this and avoid making your mistakes.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

If I may summarize Ian's post - Misrepresentation is a very serious issue.

Do you have an immigration attorney assisting you, if not maybe find one.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 12:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Your comments were in appropriate.
I get that a lot... I don't much care! It's not my job to make you feel good about yourself. Everyone here said the same thing - there's no way to know what will happen with your second visa application. I simply took the extra step and noted that you are wholly to blame for the situation in which you now find yourself.

Ian
Old Oct 29th 2016, 3:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Curious as I don't know anything or much about the E2 except for what I've read.

"The E-2 Investor Visa allows an individual to enter and work inside of the United States based on an investment he or she will be controlling, while inside the United States. This visa must generally be renewed every two years, but there is no limit to how many times one can renew. The investment must be "substantial.""

So does this mean that the OP must have money to invest in her brother's business in order to get an E2? How can she and her father just apply for an investor's visa without investing and can you invest in a business that was already granted an E2 for the original owner? Would their visas really be E2 or another form of work visa? Can they 'hire' foreign workers in lieu of American workers or do they need to employee both American and foreign employees.

It would appear to my eyes and since I am far from knowledgeable that this family is using the original E2 as a means to get the family visas to the US. Could the US Consulate be thinking the same?
Old Oct 29th 2016, 6:13 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Curious as I don't know anything or much about the E2 except for what I've read.

"The E-2 Investor Visa allows an individual to enter and work inside of the United States based on an investment he or she will be controlling, while inside the United States. This visa must generally be renewed every two years, but there is no limit to how many times one can renew. The investment must be "substantial.""

So does this mean that the OP must have money to invest in her brother's business in order to get an E2? How can she and her father just apply for an investor's visa without investing and can you invest in a business that was already granted an E2 for the original owner? Would their visas really be E2 or another form of work visa? Can they 'hire' foreign workers in lieu of American workers or do they need to employee both American and foreign employees.

It would appear to my eyes and since I am far from knowledgeable that this family is using the original E2 as a means to get the family visas to the US. Could the US Consulate be thinking the same?
There are two variations on the E2 -- the more familiar investor visa and also the employee visa that permits a firm doing business in the US to bring over an essential employee of their own nationality. For instance, the employee visa might help a British auto company to bring over a British expert on their cars.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 6:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
There are two variations on the E2 -- the more familiar investor visa and also the employee visa that permits a firm doing business in the US to bring over an essential employee of their own nationality. For instance, the employee visa might help a British auto company to bring over a British expert on their cars.
Thanks, NM. I googled but all it would come up with is the E2 Investor Visa.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
So, you misrepresented yourself and the visa was denied? Wow! Who could have foreseen that?
Judging from the context of the message, maybe the OP meant to say "misunderstanding" instead of "misrepresentation"...?

- Eric S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.