E2 Visa and employing US citizens

Old Jan 8th 2016, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

ageofpatels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 Visa and employing US citizens

Yep thats the game plan

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Are you and your wife going to partners in the visa? It might be better if you did it alone if she had a career where employment could result in someone finding her indispensable and sponsoring a green card for her.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

pen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been here 3 years of a 5 year, currently have no employees but use independent contractors in our business. We currently have 11 on our books. - snip -

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 18th 2016 at 7:28 am. Reason: Links etc removed - as per Site Rule 9.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

have my interview for the visa this coming friday 15th

Originally Posted by pen1
We have been here 3 years of a 5 year, currently have no employees but use independent contractors in our business. We currently have 11 on our books. - snip -

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 18th 2016 at 7:28 am. Reason: Quoted links removed
Old Jan 9th 2016, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

gwensvilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck...just push you intend to develop the business and increase job opportunities...you have to manage the business..not just be a glorified employee..interviews average 5 to 10mins!!! It flies over..hope you get 5 years!! Gwen
Old Jan 10th 2016, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, you have hit the nail on the head, you have mention two words which I feel a lot of posters are scared of, or is taboo to say. “Glorified Employee”. I intend to be one, no one in there right mine would apply for a E2 visa and have the whole business run by staff, you would not make any money at all, Yes business plan has lots of employee creation, but that just the business plan, I do however in the final year left of the visa employ US employees. Having met other E2 business, non English citizens (from other countries) have done the same over decades. Just want insight from UK base people.

Originally Posted by gwensvilla
Good luck...just push you intend to develop the business and increase job opportunities...you have to manage the business..not just be a glorified employee..interviews average 5 to 10mins!!! It flies over..hope you get 5 years!! Gwen