E2 Visa and employing US citizens

Old May 30th 2015, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

ageofpatels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 Visa and employing US citizens

Originally Posted by Boiler
What are your plans to expand employment?
business plan employ a full time supervisor, add a deli full time cook and one pt kitchen hand,
me concentrate on the truck rental side

only if i get my visa,
Old May 30th 2015, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this in your business plan submitter with your application.
Old May 31st 2015, 12:49 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ageofpatels
will the employees work 40 hours combined, owner and is wife work the rest,
they get $9 ph.
what i want to find out is from other E2 people what did they show for there employees
Are you and your wife going to partners in the visa? It might be better if you did it alone if she had a career where employment could result in someone finding her indispensable and sponsoring a green card for her.
Old May 31st 2015, 12:55 am
Account Closed

True
Old May 31st 2015, 5:37 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know all the facts but the word "marginality" keeps coming to mind when I read this thread. The lawyer's advice seems to be directed at that issue.
Old May 31st 2015, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

We are in agreement.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 9:28 am
Just Joined

UPdate: having spoke to three different lawyers, each say the same
1) there is no min salary for employees
2) under E2 we would not be replacing the current employees, US jobs will be secured.
3) addition US employees would be employed.

current lawyer is over zealous...

cut my losses and reappoint
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 6:13 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ageofpatels
UPdate: having spoke to three different lawyers, each say the same
1) there is no min salary for employees
2) under E2 we would not be replacing the current employees, US jobs will be secured.
3) addition US employees would be employed.

current lawyer is over zealous...

cut my losses and reappoint
"Over zealous???" Perhaps "over cautious" from your viewpoint.

Also, I wonder under what circumstances you "spoke" to the three different attorneys. Each one of your three conclusions which appear to correspond to your questions -- and my feeling is that each answer is "correct, but" or "correct under certain circumstances."

One question that I don't see you addressing is what will remain of assets in the UK and what will be your UK income while living in the States?

Choice of lawyer is always for the clients, but one has to be careful of disregarding advice simply because you don't like it.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

I assumed he was Indian.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 6:34 pm
BE Commentator

Originally Posted by Boiler
I assumed he was Indian.
Perfectly fair point. That said, the UK does have a substantial "Asian" population. ["Asian" in quotes to reflect the term's British use].
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 6:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Perfectly fair point. That said, the UK does have a substantial "Asian" population. ["Asian" in quotes to reflect the term's British use].
I don't think the OP is in the UK (or if he is he's not a native speaker).

I've no idea if his nationality or current country of residence makes a difference to his visa chances though....
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
You can just say proper usage.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

I am Indian, i dont refer myself as asian, as this is a britishexpat forum you all should know there is a substantial "Asian" (Indian) population. As Indians have conquered the UK now the US (JK)

All my assets will remain, house will be rented out, to benefit briton

Last edited by ageofpatels; Jun 2nd 2015 at 7:04 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

pen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been here 3 years on a 5 year E1/2 visa. Firstly here is no set in stone amount you have to invest or pay your employees. In fact we use contractors and have no employees . This is absolutely fine. I suggest you get a second opinion from another attorney. The Investment visa applications are really personal and it's all about making your case as a viable business. To dictate the salary you must pay someone in my mind seems suspicious. Are you sure your attorney does not have ties/links with the employees!?
Old Jun 9th 2015, 4:52 am
Just Joined

Ady11 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no set dollar figure for the E2. Different lawyers have different guidelines but there is no set figure by uscis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.