E2 and previous convictions

Old Apr 10th 2016, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

gwensvilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 and previous convictions

A friend is applying for E2 visa he has a 10 yr old conviction for dui and reckless driving and a 2012 conviction for sending an offensive text message (domestic dispute). I think the offense is sending threatening obscene or malicious communication..I am trying to find the actual charge. It was dealt with by fine. The parties involved are reconciled and applying jointly for the visa.
Does he put in for visa and see what the consequence is...taking all documents, or as his lawyer said...apply for a forgiveness waiver first???..thanks
My guess is it is a cmt...but unsure
Old Apr 10th 2016, 1:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 and previous convictions

That does not really make much sense, no doubt his Lawyer has run through it with him.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 2:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Your friend should join BE and post for himself. A lot of harm can come from 3rd party information. He has an attorney. There isn't anything you need to do.

Rene
Old Apr 10th 2016, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

gwensvilla is an unknown quantity at this point

The attorney said to speak to another attorney...and if it wasn't a cmit..then they could retain the case, if not it would be difficult and they wouldn't handle it...my advice was get another attorney. I pointed my friend to here but they can't post...my friend are hopefully watching this post as I said he would get informative, possibly blunt answers. But would be pointed in the right direction.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 3:13 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gwensvilla
The attorney said to speak to another attorney...and if it wasn't a cmit..then they could retain the case, if not it would be difficult and they wouldn't handle it...my advice was get another attorney. I pointed my friend to here but they can't post...my friend are hopefully watching this post as I said he would get informative, possibly blunt answers. But would be pointed in the right direction.
Fascinated to know why they can't post for themselves?
Old Apr 10th 2016, 3:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gwensvilla
Your friend can watch this thread but can't post? That doesn't seem right.

Anyway, I'm going to close this thread because it's really not smart to go through a 3rd party. Your friend was told by an attorney to speak to another attorney. That is what he needs to do.

Rene