e2 to green card??

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Untitled 3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default e2 to green card??

I'm currently working in the US on an E2 visa (employee) and have been here since January. I'm now starting to think about what my long term options are.

In theory, if I stay with my current employer I can live here till retirement. But even in that unlikely situation, my kids would have to leave before I do. So I'm starting to think about options for staying longer, but thought I should do a little homework before demanding stuff from my employer and their lawyers.

Because I was never employed by my firm in the UK, I was hired directly by the NY office I don't think I can go down the EB1 for a green card? Is this right? Has anyone gone from E2 employee to green card?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: e2 to green card??

Originally Posted by Untitled 3
I'm currently working in the US on an E2 visa (employee) and have been here since January. I'm now starting to think about what my long term options are.

In theory, if I stay with my current employer I can live here till retirement. But even in that unlikely situation, my kids would have to leave before I do. So I'm starting to think about options for staying longer, but thought I should do a little homework before demanding stuff from my employer and their lawyers.

Because I was never employed by my firm in the UK, I was hired directly by the NY office I don't think I can go down the EB1 for a green card? Is this right? Has anyone gone from E2 employee to green card?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Hi:

There is always standard labor cert -- I know its a wait, but you can get the ball rolling.

Also, you don't give any details of your qualifications, background, what the job is, etc etc. Also, if you have a kid or two, it raises the likelihood that you also have a spouse. Don't forget to look at the spouse.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the response Folinskyinla.

I wasn't sure about labor certification given that I'm in the job already so wasn't sure if that meant there was technically no job opening available?

In terms of background, I'm a senior executive at an advertising agency, with a degree and 13 years experience in my industry.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the response Folinskyinla.

I wasn't sure about labor certification given that I'm in the job already so wasn't sure if that meant there was technically no job opening available?

In terms of background, I'm a senior executive at an advertising agency, with a degree and 13 years experience in my industry.
Hi:

I once had a client in advertising -- he produced and wrote Spanish language TV ads for use in both the US and Latin America. I felt he had a pretty good EB-2 National Interest Waiver and a marginal EB-1 extraordinary ability. The EB-2 generated an RFE from Hell and the EB-1 went through like a hot knife through butter.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 7:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is your employer interested in doing this?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
Is your employer interested in doing this?
I know they have done it in the past and have also said no to others. I won't know if they'll do it for me until I ask. Importantly, I want to be clear on what I'll be asking for first.

Last edited by Untitled 3; Oct 23rd 2009 at 8:53 pm. Reason: grammar
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

I know they have done it in the past and have also said no to others. I won't know if they'll do it for me until I ask. Importantly, I want to be clear on what I'll be asking for first.
Which category do you think you are in, they have you by the short and curlies on an E2.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
Which category do you think you are in, they have you by the short and curlies on an E2.
Tell me about it.

I'm pretty sure I'd be OK for in EB2- 'exceptional ability'. Although, I interviewed a guy from another firm for a job working under me in my team who was an EB1 but he'd transferred to the US on an L1A.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

Tell me about it.

I'm pretty sure I'd be OK for in EB2- 'exceptional ability'. Although, I interviewed a guy from another firm for a job working under me in my team who was an EB1 but he'd transferred to the US on an L1A.
What Visa did you offer him?

Did the subject of sponsorship for PR come up?