E2 Financials

Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

E2Brutus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 Financials

I am applying for an E2 based on an LLC I incorporated four months ago and funded with $350K of my own fund. I then:

- Three months ago invested $300K in a start-up company which got me a 60% stake
- One month ago invested $50K in a start-up which got me a 70% stake

I only have financial pro formas and cash flow projections for the financials. Is this sufficient or do i have to provide projected balance sheets? I don't see the point of creating a projected balance sheet when it will just be reconciled from the pro forma anyway i.e. same data inputs in a different format.

Thanks.

PS FYI the $350K company is a trading company that buys and sells, and I will be showing three months of trading and paying brokerage and legal fees so there is a lot of indirect employment. The $50K company already has 60 client accounts generating $60K p/a profit and has one employee. In addition to these two companies I will be presenting a business plan for a third related start up that will get underway once I have my visa.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: E2 Financials

any ideas dear member?

My other question is, my application is over 600 pages in length (investing in 4 businesses so 4 operating agreements, articles of incorporation and business plans, and 130 pages of receipts accumulated in starting the business). So I am planning to split the application into two folders. I guess that is OK?
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E2Brutus
any ideas dear member?
You really need to be more patient... most of the US is still sleeping.

Ian
Old Sep 21st 2010, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

America hasn't been sleeping for two weeks sir I'd be happy to hear anyone's insights on my issues.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 6:44 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

America hasn't been sleeping for two weeks sir I'd be happy to hear anyone's insights on my issues.
My insight is that if you wished your investment to also be a vehicle to take you to the US, this should have been planned from the very beginning rather than trying to tack it on after the fact. The best advice you could probably get now from this board is how to chose good counsel.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

thanks, believe it or not it was all planned and set up to support an E2!
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks, believe it or not it was all planned and set up to support an E2!
If the investment was to support an E2 visa as fatbrit has mentioned, this should of been supported with a qualified immigration attorney. my advice would be to consult with one straight away.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

i am doing it myself without an attorney.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:52 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

i am doing it myself without an attorney.
Probably not wise. I love a touch of pro se myself, but I wouldn't risk it with anything where an adverse decision would significantly harm me.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

I spent $1,500 on attorney fees at the start and my attorney recommended that I complete the process myself. If it is rejected I will just apply again addressing the reasons for the rejection, whatever they may be.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

I secured a three year entrepreneurs visa in Japan without an attorney.

A US visa is harder from the perspective that the tests of marginality etc. are more rigorous, but the application process is easier in that all the requirements are clearly documented, and you even get to see the guidelines given to immigration officers.

Anyway come January I will let you all know how it worked out!
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:25 pm
Septicity

I spent $1,500 on attorney fees at the start and my attorney recommended that I complete the process myself. If it is rejected I will just apply again addressing the reasons for the rejection, whatever they may be.
I've pissed about with the immigration systems of other countries, too. I'm pretty sure I ended up with an "entrepreneurs visa" in one because I took the lady cop (whose decision was final) a bunch of flowers, a couple of kilos of coffee and a big box of chocs. Well, that and friends in high places. But I wouldn't try it with US immigration!

It's not unusual for people who DIY the US visa stuff in non-straightforward cases to find themselves permanently out. With $350k sitting in, this could be frustrating for you. Let us know how you get on.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 3:09 am
US immigration lawyer.

JCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond repute

I am applying for an E2 based on an LLC I incorporated four months ago and funded with $350K of my own fund. I then:

- Three months ago invested $300K in a start-up company which got me a 60% stake
- One month ago invested $50K in a start-up which got me a 70% stake
If you're using the LLC as merely a holding company for your interests in the two start-ups, you'd be best advised at the very least to demonstrate (a) your ownership interest in the holding company (presumably 100%) and control over the company, (b) the business plan for the each of the two start-ups, because the holding company is sitting there, passively holding the two start-ups, (c) the anticipated way in which you will direct and develop EACH of the start-ups.

As for financials, no, I see no particular need for balance sheets for the two start-ups, although given that the holding company is just a passive vehicle, you may be asked for balance sheets of each of the start-ups to satisfy the DOS officer that each company is properly capitalized. A consolidated balance sheet for the holding company might be nice.

If the holding company is just sitting there, then my first take on this would be to be sure that each of the two start-ups is viable, not marginal, properly capitalized, and possessed of a decent business plan. And YOU, as the visa applicant, should have a decent narrative about how you will direct and develop each of the start-ups.

By the way: you mention the "tests of marginality" in the US immigration scheme. To what test of marginality are you referring?

--J Craig Fong
Los Angeles, CA
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

I secured a three year entrepreneurs visa in Japan without an attorney.

A US visa is harder from the perspective that the tests of marginality etc. are more rigorous, but the application process is easier in that all the requirements are clearly documented, and you even get to see the guidelines given to immigration officers.

Anyway come January I will let you all know how it worked out!
Is the E2 the visa that "doesn't" lead to US citizenship in the sense that is actually "does" lead to US citizenship?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 4:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Which Consulate?

What is the money going to be spent on?

How many employees will you have at renewal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.