Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Aug 3rd 2016, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

zenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
VISA is a registered trade mark for a credit card company. The word you're looking for is: visa. All lower case; it's a simple noun.

By the way, a visa is a travel document only. It isn't a "ticket into the front door"... it's a ticket to the front door - at which point you ask for permission to enter.

Ian
Doh, stupid auto-correct
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Cobra427 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zenjabba
Your VISA is a ticket into the front door, the LCA the bit that allows you to work. Your old LCA is still valid, so you can still work on your old LCA whilst being granted E3 status upon entry into the USA.

What it means though is your E3 VISA will expire 2 years after your application for the VISA (which will be before the LCA expires) meaning you can continue to work on the LCA as long as you exit and enter the country before your VISA expires).

Remembers, VISA Tickets the front door of the Ball, LCA, Tickets allowing you to dance at the Ball.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No.

Ian
Thanks for the replies. I'll let you know how I get on.
Appointment is on the 10th of August
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cobra427
Does it help if I pay for my visa with VISA ?
There y'go... now you've got it!

Ian
Old Aug 4th 2016, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kaimmy
My passport expires October 2017 and I am about to get a new e3 visa this month. Do I need to have two years left on my passport for them to give the 2year visa- just trying to figure out if I need to get a new passport before the appointment.
As I discovered today when renewing my passport (full, not expired), there is now a US$77 fee for applying for a passport internationally, on top of the usual passport fees. You also need to apply in person at an Australian consulate, which could be an issue depending on where you're moving to.

Personally, if you've got the time, I would suggest getting a new one before you apply for your visa. It'll be cheaper, avoid issue with I-94 expiry dates, and stop you from having to carry 2 passports for the second year or so of your visa.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Intelligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

I successfully got renewed my third E3 visa at Vancouver

Thank You
Old Aug 5th 2016, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Emma927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

I do think I'm qualified for the interview exemption for my second E3, so I'm going to renew my E3 by Mail in Australia. Does anyone has experience of this?

Many thanks!
Old Aug 5th 2016, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma927
Does anyone has experience of this?
I don't recall anyone renewing by mail... so I don't think you'll find anyone with experience. Good luck to you, though. Please let us know what happens.

Ian
Old Aug 6th 2016, 1:57 am
Just Joined

hottytoddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a list of E3 specialty occupations?
Old Aug 6th 2016, 2:32 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hottytoddy
Same as H-1B. ..... But no specific list.
Old Aug 6th 2016, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Emma927
I do think I'm qualified for the interview exemption for my second E3...
You are mistaken. E3 does not qualify for this program.
Old Aug 6th 2016, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Emma927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by docnetau
You are mistaken. E3 does not qualify for this program.
Pls read this: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/au-niv-visarenew.asp#qualifications

Qualifications for Visa Application by Mail

If you are applying for a visa type that you have previously been approved for, such as a work visa or tourist visa, you may qualify for an exemption to the interview requirement.

With limited exceptions, applicants for U.S. visas worldwide must have their fingerprints taken at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. However, certain applicants may now be eligible for U.S. visa issuance without being interviewed by a Consular officer.

If you can answer “yes” to all of the following questions, you may qualify for our Apply By Mail Program.

I do think E3 is a work visa

Last edited by Emma927; Aug 6th 2016 at 5:03 am.
Old Aug 6th 2016, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hottytoddy
I don't mean to be obvious... but if there was one, you'd have found it with a quick Google search. No such list exists.

Ian
Old Aug 7th 2016, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Snarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there peeps

I have my interview to renew my E3 on 15 August in Toronto. Originally had to book Vancouver because none of the other Canadian consulates had appointment spots prior to my current E3 expiring. Was checking back every few hours and managed to grab a spot that opened up in Toronto (yay).

Anyhoo- may be a long shot (because I think Toronto was closed to non Canadian residents for most of the summer) but wanted to see if anyone has interviewed there in the past few weeks and can let me know how many days it took until they got their passport back. The website says 1 business day processing but that sounds optimistic to me.

There doesn't appear to be a recent Toronto processing experience post on here, so I'll come back here and post about my experience once I get back to the US.

Be good.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

washingtonmouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, similar to the post above from Snarky, I had a question regarding my first E3 visa application. Everything is almost set and my attorney is getting ready to submit my LCA. They asked where I want to schedule my appointment. I have a family wedding to attend in the States. The plan was to have this done way before then but of course with delays on the part of my employer and attorney it hasn't gone that way. I mentioned this to my lawyer and they said if I want to attend my family wedding, they will schedule the appointment after I get back OR I can go to the US on a tourist visa and schedule my first appointment abroad somewhere else (Canada/Mexico being the other options).

I wanted to know if anyone had experience doing their first E3 application abroad and/or has any advice based on what they've read and heard. I am a little hesitant to do so for the first time abroad but I have been reading varying opinions. I am already packed and ready to go, I have this family wedding I cannot miss, and traveling to the USA from Aus is very exhausting and expensive. To go there now, come back for the interview, and go again within a month is not easy at all.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by washingtonmouse
I mentioned this to my lawyer and they said if I want to attend my family wedding, they will schedule the appointment after I get back OR I can go to the US on a tourist visa and schedule my first appointment abroad somewhere else (Canada/Mexico being the other options).
This is doable... so long as you understand that, as a 3rd party national, neither Canada nor Mexico is obligated to process your paperwork. Still, there's nothing to lose by trying... other than time, I suppose.

I have this family wedding I cannot miss, and traveling to the USA from Aus is very exhausting and expensive.
FWIW, I agree with the attorney - schedule the interview after you return... and consider it the cost of doing business. After all, neither the lawyer nor your employer nor US immigration is responsible for your wedding travel plans.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.