E-3 Visa 2010 Running Thread

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2010 Running Thread

Tips;

Try booking the appointment at night, after cancelled dates are released.
See the posts about DS-160; they know it's broken and have offered an alternative.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:38 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 0161
Great Thanks Options 2 sounds best for me.

I have spent the last 2 day klooking for an appointment in Canada (Montreal is closest - but we would travel further - just can't seem to get any dates) all "booked out" also I have spent and incredible amount of time filling out the DS-160 form online - and not yet managed to complete it.

I suppose it is one way of slowing down applicants! - or am I being to cynical...
I believe others have posted on this thread that it's possible to go to a U.S. Consulate in smaller Canadian cities (Halifax comes to mind). It may be easier to make appointments there, plus some of them don't require the Online DS-160 (Seems like only Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver require it: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_4230.html)
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:12 am
Just Joined

0161 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses - I really appreciate the advice - i have just read that the London embassy have announced that due to problems with the online application for the DS-160 applicants can now revert to the DS -156 /57 /58 .... hope that same applies for Canadian embassies too!

I will keep on trying to book my appointment all through the night and day - but still no light in the tunnel.....
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:52 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

One thing still confuses me about the 2-year validity of the E-3 Visa.

So in my case I should find out about a job offer later on this month, and assume that all processing go smoothly, I can probably start applying for my E-3 visa at a U.S. Consulate in April 2010. However, my job has a specific start date (July 1st), and I assume (though not sure?) that it'll say so on the Labour Condition Application as well. I plan on entering the U.S. around June 2010.

So if I apply in April 2010, I'll probably get a visa that expires in April 2012. I kept on hearing that a visa is an "Entry Document" and it's not very important once I have entered the U.S. and stay. Now in my case, will the E-3 STATUS last from July 2010-2012 (coinciding with the duration of my employment as specified in the LCA) or will it last from April 2010-2012 (coinciding with the dates of my visa stamp)?
Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

You'll get the visa dated from your consulate appointment. You don't have to use it until the job starts though - so your I-94 should be 2 yrs from when you enter.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

bhaliya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 0161
I will keep on trying to book my appointment all through the night and day - but still no light in the tunnel.....
Hi 0161,
I tried to get an E-3 Visa appointment in any city in Canada and it failed. so, I tried Mexico city. there are plenty of appointments available and the visa process is pretty easy and the staff is very friendly. the best thing is that E-3 is a special category visa and you carry Australian passport you get priority processing (that is funny.....and embarrassing). I will go to Mexico city again if I have to re-stamp new visa.

bhaliya
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

E3 sufferer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bhalia,
Do you need visa for australians to visit mexico.
after appointment how much they have taken to give stamped passport.
I heard they take long time to process visas?
Please advise me.
thank you
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

0161 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bhaliya
Hi 0161,
I tried to get an E-3 Visa appointment in any city in Canada and it failed. so, I tried Mexico city. there are plenty of appointments available and the visa process is pretty easy and the staff is very friendly. the best thing is that E-3 is a special category visa and you carry Australian passport you get priority processing (that is funny.....and embarrassing). I will go to Mexico city again if I have to re-stamp new visa.

bhaliya
UPDATE - Hey I finally managed to get an appointment in Montreal for April (took me 2 weeks to get it) and finally (about 15 mins ago) I have lodged that damn DS-160 form (It took me 6 attempts today) whooo hooo - I feel like a "born again non-immigrant"

QUESTION - does anybody have any experience of applying for an E3 in Montreal? The reason I ask is the appointment is for FRIDAY 08:00AM and I was wondering what are my chances of getting the visa (there are 5 of us) issued on the same day ...... otherwise it is a weekend in Montreal.

PS Thanks everyone for your advice, tips and encouragement.

Last edited by 0161; Mar 16th 2010 at 6:54 pm. Reason: Update
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:34 am
Busy at Work

Originally Posted by E3 sufferer
Hi Bhalia,
Do you need visa for australians to visit mexico.
after appointment how much they have taken to give stamped passport.
I heard they take long time to process visas?
Please advise me.
thank you
Generally, Australians get visa free access as tourists to Mexico. (Of course it won't be the case if you have been denied entry to Mexico before, etc.)

You can look up the current nonimmigrant visa processing time and average time wait for appointment at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wa...itors_wait.php
Old Mar 17th 2010, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

E3 sufferer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the answer.
Can we manage in Mexico city with english?
how is the costs in mexico city compared to canada?
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

bjih is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bhaliya
Hi 0161,

bhaliya
I have been doing some research and came across this on the Mexico City Emabassy website. This outlines those applicant who cannot apply in Mexico. My primary concern is that I applied for my E3 in Calgary after coming over on a VWP (to look for work). How does the statement in RED affect us? Has anybody had experience applying for their second/third E3 in Mexico after first receiving their Visa in Canada, UK, NZ, Bahamas etc?

Who Cannot Apply in Mexico:

* Applicants for B1/2 visas, including renewals are not accepted from third country nationals who are not resident in Mexico.
* Applicants who entered the U.S. with a visa issued in their home country and changed status with Department of Homeland Security in the U.S. who seek a new visa in the new visa category
* Applicants who entered the United States in one visa category and are seeking to re-enter the U.S. in a different visa category.
* Applicants who have been out of status in the U.S. having violated the terms of their visas or having overstayed the validity indicated on their I-94s.
* Applicants who entered the U.S. under the auspices of the Visa Waiver Program.
* Applicants who obtained their current visa in a country other than that of their legal residence.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 3:15 pm
Busy at Work

Originally Posted by bjih
I have been doing some research and came across this on the Mexico City Emabassy website. This outlines those applicant who cannot apply in Mexico. My primary concern is that I applied for my E3 in Calgary after coming over on a VWP (to look for work). How does the statement in RED affect us? Has anybody had experience applying for their second/third E3 in Mexico after first receiving their Visa in Canada, UK, NZ, Bahamas etc?
Sorry to state the obvious...can't you apply at one of the Canadian Consulates instead, since you had successfully got your visa from Calgary? (I assume there's a good reason not to for you)
Old Mar 25th 2010, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lifehouse51
Sorry to state the obvious...can't you apply at one of the Canadian Consulates instead, since you had successfully got your visa from Calgary? (I assume there's a good reason not to for you)
Yes, there is a reason that makes Mexico City a more convenient option for me.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:36 am
Busy at Work

Originally Posted by bjih
Yes, there is a reason that makes Mexico City a more convenient option for me.
Well since no one's replying, I'm gonna point out the next obvious thing: Email or call the Mexico City Embassy, and ask them if they will accept your E-3 application. I think they tend to send out generic responses for email inquiries, but at least you don't have to wait on the phone while being put on hold.

Being stuck in Mexico without knowing much Spanish doesn't sound fun to me, but if you're adventurous enough, make an visa appointment in Mexico city, fly there, and see what happens!
Old Mar 26th 2010, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lifehouse51

Being stuck in Mexico without knowing much Spanish doesn't sound fun to me, but if you're adventurous enough, make an visa appointment in Mexico city, fly there, and see what happens!
Besides being able to speak Spanish, it's a much more exciting prospect than being stuck in Calgary.

Any anecdotes out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.