E-3 very confused

Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

julian_ bashir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E-3 very confused

Hi All,

I am completely lost with my E-3 situation, hope someone here can help.

I came on an E-3 on August 2007. I changed employers in Jan 2008. The new Employers lawyers did all the process work.

The USCIS made a mistake and listed my Citizenship incorrectly, ie not Australian. Although the rest of the process was approved and I got my I-797A.

Now, The process to change the error seems to be time consuming which means I cannot be staffed on any projects in Canada.

so here is the confusion,

Me: Cannot leave US unless this is fixed or I may not be able to come back
Lawyers : Do not want to lodge the I-824 reprint cause they think their work is done
USCIS: they refuse to expedite the notice and have said it may take 90 more days
My congressman: Tries the best but seems to have no leverage, just gets information
Toronto consulate: Has advised that I do not need to go to the consulate at all. I just need to present the new papers at the border!!!

Now having gone through this site, I thought I needed to re stamp my Visa to update the details of my new employer and new dates of validity.

Is this not so?

What would happen If I travelled anyway and someone at the border noticed the error of my citizenship? I dont know how this error can happen since E-3 is only for Aussies!!

Are there any other suggestions from the community on what I can do?

I feel like I am in a straightJacket, I cannot travel for work or pleasure.

Please Please help.

Julian
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

HappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to all
Default Re: E-3 very confused

Hi - I feel for you - having had run-ins with my employees immigation attorneys. In fact had I not seeked my own independant advice, and got my own attorney to represent my case, I may well not even be in the States now. That's my advice to you. Get some advice from an independant lawyer. Even offer to cover costs yourself. The important thing is it to make sure the employer knows what you are doing, you don't want to rattle their cage.
Cheers and good luck.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 very confused

Originally Posted by julian_ bashir
Hi All,

I am completely lost with my E-3 situation, hope someone here can help.

I came on an E-3 on August 2007. I changed employers in Jan 2008. The new Employers lawyers did all the process work.

The USCIS made a mistake and listed my Citizenship incorrectly, ie not Australian. Although the rest of the process was approved and I got my I-797A.

Now, The process to change the error seems to be time consuming which means I cannot be staffed on any projects in Canada.

so here is the confusion,

Me: Cannot leave US unless this is fixed or I may not be able to come back
Lawyers : Do not want to lodge the I-824 reprint cause they think their work is done
USCIS: they refuse to expedite the notice and have said it may take 90 more days
My congressman: Tries the best but seems to have no leverage, just gets information
Toronto consulate: Has advised that I do not need to go to the consulate at all. I just need to present the new papers at the border!!!

Now having gone through this site, I thought I needed to re stamp my Visa to update the details of my new employer and new dates of validity.

Is this not so?

What would happen If I travelled anyway and someone at the border noticed the error of my citizenship? I dont know how this error can happen since E-3 is only for Aussies!!

Are there any other suggestions from the community on what I can do?

I feel like I am in a straightJacket, I cannot travel for work or pleasure.

Please Please help.

Julian
Hi:

How come you can't go to Canada? Just curious. Your fact statement is going all over the place. Without a coherent set of facts, no one can't really give you a coherent answer.